Service Warning Light at 10 Miles In

I purchased a new 2021 first edition Friday. Two miles into my ride home the Service Warning light appeared. I immediately returned to the dealership. After some looking the mechanic said it is the service warning light and all is fine. I am confused why the warning light would appear at 10 miles when the first service is due at 600 miles. I find it strange to have a warning light on continually like this and the bike is ok. Please help with any information on this.

It could be that it measures time or miles? I have no expertise or experience to make that statement, other than when I use my GS-911 to reset the service light it uses time not miles. Again, it’s purely a guess without any knowledge.

From page 29 of the manual. Since it's not a mileage issue, I'm thinking it's a date issue. Have them reset it, that'd drive me bonkers.

32ED26D9-5247-4010-9D31-04304C448A6C.png

The same happened to me, took my bike out and the service light turned on after a few miles. I went back to the dealer and he re-initiated the electronics and all is fine.

It could be that it measures time or miles? I have no expertise or experience to make that statement, other than when I use my GS-911 to reset the service light it uses time not miles. Again, it’s purely a guess without any knowledge.
But you cannot reset the service light with the GS-911...yet.

I purchased a new 2021 first edition Friday. Two miles into my ride home the Service Warning light appeared. I immediately returned to the dealership. After some looking the mechanic said it is the service warning light and all is fine. I am confused why the warning light would appear at 10 miles when the first service is due at 600 miles. I find it strange to have a warning light on continually like this and the bike is ok. Please help with any information on this.
The dealer needs to reset it for you not just "look"

This may or may not have anything to do with your issue, but I won't let that stop me from commenting. I had my 600mile service on Saturday. Everything was fine except that the dealer couldn't successfully reset the service indicator. Evidently there are some known issues (that don't always manifest themselves the same way) with the "module" associated with the indication. The dealer is contacting Germany, but suspects that they'll be instructed to replace the "module" (which evidently isn't a while-you-wait sort of thing.) Regardless, the issue is with the indication, and not anything underlying.

This may or may not have anything to do with your issue, but I won't let that stop me from commenting. I had my 600mile service on Saturday. Everything was fine except that the dealer couldn't successfully reset the service indicator. Evidently there are some known issues (that don't always manifest themselves the same way) with the "module" associated with the indication. The dealer is contacting Germany, but suspects that they'll be instructed to replace the "module" (which evidently isn't a while-you-wait sort of thing.) Regardless, the issue is with the indication, and not anything underlying.
Speaking of the break in service or first service. Did your service light turn on? I'm just going by the manual

I serviced mine at 525 miles. The indicator never came on, When i checked it with the scanner, it was set for 10,000 km.
Now it says service in 500 miles. bike had 2300 mies.

David

Speaking of the break in service or first service. Did your service light turn on? I'm just going by the manual
The wrench sign on the digital display came on promptly at 500 miles when you either turned the bike on with an estimate of remaining miles before service is needed, and was displayed as one of the fields as you cycle through the individual displays. At exactly 600 miles, the yellow warning light came on in addition to this. Now, both the warning light and the the wrench (with zero miles listed) are still on and don't go away.

OK I plugged in my motoscan.

I had set the miles to 3,000. I was not sure, because the scanner info is misleading.

Looking at the scanner. It shows

Date of motorcycle 17.5.2020
Mileage for service 10000
Date for service 17.5.2021
Miles to service 581
Miles on bike 2419

As you can see, my bike is a year old today and THAT is why the wrench came on.

I reset the date to 17.8.2021
I set the miles to 9600 because it says 10000 right now. It DID NOT SAY 3,000 miles like I had set it.

It now says
Date of motorcyle 17.05.2020
service mileage 10000km
Date of service 17.8.2021

So the service milage on the scanner display has never changed. I changed it last time and it stuck. Does not show in the scanner.

SO to you folks that have the service light on, your bike is probably on its first birthday.

David

Thanks to the fella that showed the Motoscan works on my bike.

Cool info! That's pretty conclusive, but I'm somewhat surprised that they would use elapsed time for such a thing. The birthday and subsequent service dates must be stored in non-volatile memory.

Has anyone tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reattaching it? MAYBE that will reset the service indicator. I expect that the date and time will need to be re-entered.

Back