Shark Road slip on mufflers 2021 R18 Classic

I just completed installing my Shark Road slip on mufflers yesterday. Took about a 100 mile ride and really like them. The bike "feels" a lot happier with these mufflers. It is rumbly at idle and low throttle/part throttle, but has a nice growl when you twist the wick. A pretty fair value considering what other options are available, and what they cost. These supposedly were an initial pre production run of ten sets I ordered the end of June. They were initially supposed to ship the end of June, but it was the end of July before they were ready to ship. Anyone else have a set of these ? I spoke with Staff at Shark Road, and they are looking into developing some longer, and differently styled tips. These are essentially what is available for the Harleys, and Vaquero bikes, adapted to our beloved krautburners. IMG_3256 (1).jpgIMG_3269.jpgIMG_3305 (3).jpgIMG_3306 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4250.MOV
    1.7 MB
Nice sound, Sharkroad do a version of those pipes for B and TC model
They list them as available on their website. I am NOT affiliated with Shark Road, or any other entities, and am NOT trying to help sell these. Just sharing my experiences with fellow owners and enthusiasts. Here is the link to their page, and yes, they do list them for that application, but do not seem to be available as of yet. https://sharkroad.com/products/4-0-...ead-pipes-nice-working?variant=43820622479618

I saw these a few days after I had just installed my Freedom exhaust on mine, and was pissed that I didn't find out about them before installing the freedom. Main reason that go me so miffed was because these guys actually use the standard mounting brackets as the OEM mounts and that would've made installation a breeze. Freedom's mounting situation was so incredibly tedious to the point of annoyance at times.

Also helps that these are significantly cheaper than the Freedoms too.

I saw these a few days after I had just installed my Freedom exhaust on mine, and was pissed that I didn't find out about them before installing the freedom. Main reason that go me so miffed was because these guys actually use the standard mounting brackets as the OEM mounts and that would've made installation a breeze. Freedom's mounting situation was so incredibly tedious to the point of annoyance at times.

Also helps that these are significantly cheaper than the Freedoms too.
These weren't too bad on the install process, at least once I figured out the trick. I had to remove the heat shield, then loosen the muffler clamp and slide off the muffler. Then I had to take the two T50 bolts out to completely remove the hanger assembly from the bike. That hanger assembly then slid onto the muffler, and I transferred the two rubber insulators that stop the heat shield from rattling, and the sheetmetal J nuts that mount the heatshields to the muffler. Then removed the heat shield support bracket from the oe muffler and positioned it close to where it looked like it should go on the new one, but left the clamp just a little bit loose. (the clamp looks like a radiator hose clamp). Then put the oe clamp on the new muffler and slide the new muffler and oe hanger assembly onto the headpipe-making sure the clamp is accessible, but left loose. At that point it was a bit of a wrestling match to line up the rearward of the two hanger bolts and support the muffler at the same time. I then snugged that bolt up, and had to back it off a few turns. Then, the trick was, I had to slide the muffler assembly rearward just enough to line up and install the front T50 hanger bolt. Tighten that one all the way up, slide the muffler forward and tighten up the rear hanger bolt the rest of the way. Then I got the positioning and rotation of the muffler where I wanted it, and tightened up the muffler clamp. On the heat shield, I lined up the rear bolt hole on the removable, adjustable heat shield mount I transferred earlier and got that bolt started. Then a smaller wrestling match to move the shield and rear mount to line up the front, fixed heat shield mount hole. Once both of those were started. I positioned the heat shield where it needed to be, then tightened up the mount, then the two screws. This involved a couple repeats to get everything just right so the heat shield fit right. It sounds a lot worse than it was. It just took a bit of wrangling to figure it all out. It truly was a Chinese puzzle, and I'm not Chinese. . . . . .

Back