Shinko 777 Wide Whitewalls and Shark Road Mufflers

Just installed Shinko 777 Wide Whitewall tires and somewhat recently Shark Road mufflers. It's nice to find a few items a bit more "affordable" than nearly ALL the accessories for our beloved R18 bikes ! I only got right at 7k miles out of the original Michelins. These Shinko's were just over half what a set of the replacement Michelins would have cost. I felt they were worth a try. Time will tell.

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpg
    IMG_3355.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 50
I think the Shark Road mufflers are the same ones on Amazon. How would you rate the quality? How do they sound? The price seems almost too good to be true.

I think the Shark Road mufflers are the same ones on Amazon. How would you rate the quality? How do they sound? The price seems almost too good to be true.
I think the quality is good. At least so far. Time will tell on the quality of the chrome and how it holds up. The fit is good. You re-use the factory BMW heat shield between the headpipes and the muffler body. The bracket Shark Road supplies takes a bit of finagling to get in place just right and get the heat shield to fit and look ok. No matter how I adjust it, I can't get the heat shield to sit "perfect". It fits good, and looks ok, just not perfect. But then again I am VERY picky on that. I used to own my own muffler shop and have built a lot of hotrod and show car exhaust systems. These are about comparable to what you'd expect from any of the cheaper aftermarket company slip on exhaust systems. They are basically the same mufflers they sell for Harleys, and other Japanese cruiser bikes with the hangers and front stub pipes reengineered to fit our bikes. I left the baffles in, and I really like the sound. It has a bit of a rumble at idle, and a pretty good growl when I twist the throttle.
View attachment 11302-6b1d231b40f793cbd0c084c45d08ed74.mov

Back