Show us your phone mounts!

I know some of the models have built in phone mounts (holders), but I'm sure most still mount their phones elsewhere... Lets see your solutions for phone mounts... and did you wire in a charger?

I know some of the models have built in phone mounts (holders), but I'm sure most still mount their phones elsewhere... Lets see your solutions for phone mounts... and did you wire in a charger?
Thanks for putting this out! I am looking for good solid and easy to use phone mount. Thank you

1. 1x Quad Lock 360 Head - Weatherproof Wireless Charging Head $74.99 each
  2. 1x Quad Lock 360 Accessory - Vibration Dampener $19.99 each
  3. 1x Quad Lock 360 Arm - Dual Pivot - Small $19.99 each
  4. 1x Quad Lock 360 Base - Bar Clamp - Medium $17.99 each
  5. 1x Case - All iPhone Devices - iPhone 14 Pro Max MAG / No Weather Resistant Poncho $39.99 each
  6. Optimate USB O-105, 3300mA Dual Output Weatherproof USB Charger, with Bike Plug - https://amzn.to/3Sm4e4O
Very happy with the setup. It works well and now I'm no longer reliant on the TFT screen. I may still buy an iPhone X (my friend with an R18 says he has zero issues with connections running an old iPhone with the connected app loaded on it) so I'll go with that as the R18 iPhone and just leave it in there but that's a longer project.

FfkPf8D.png

52639970007_dd4e4785f5_b.jpg
52639970487_176a4b7cc9_b.jpg

1. 1x Quad Lock 360 Head - Weatherproof Wireless Charging Head $74.99 each
  2. 1x Quad Lock 360 Accessory - Vibration Dampener $19.99 each
  3. 1x Quad Lock 360 Arm - Dual Pivot - Small $19.99 each
  4. 1x Quad Lock 360 Base - Bar Clamp - Medium $17.99 each
  5. 1x Case - All iPhone Devices - iPhone 14 Pro Max MAG / No Weather Resistant Poncho $39.99 each
  6. Optimate USB O-105, 3300mA Dual Output Weatherproof USB Charger, with Bike Plug - https://amzn.to/3Sm4e4O
Very happy with the setup. It works well and now I'm no longer reliant on the TFT screen. I may still buy an iPhone X (my friend with an R18 says he has zero issues with connections running an old iPhone with the connected app loaded on it) so I'll go with that as the R18 iPhone and just leave it in there but that's a longer project.

FfkPf8D.png

52639970007_dd4e4785f5_b.jpg
52639970487_176a4b7cc9_b.jpg
Exact setup I've got! Very happy with it!

I'm a weirdo. The last thing I want mounted on my motorcycle is a phone. I usually have one with me but it stays in my saddlebag unless I need to call someone.
If I knew where I was, I’d be with you but I have Garmin on my GS & dirt bike and I use the phone for navigation on the R18. I just need them for trips or else I’d be lost. Funny enough, I’m 36 and when I got to BMW rallies, the mature gentlemen will (kindly) say “Oh just hop on 36 and go 25 miles then cut over to 85 and over to 116 north and you’re in st. Louise” and I”m like “Um….I’m just gonna use my phone“

I’m respectful about it but I have zero clue what all of these roads are. Like I know US-1 and I-95. That’s where my knowledge of highways ends.

I’m a young whipper-snapper.

A bit hard to see but I'm using the Mous handle bar mount. I went with this over the Quadlock because I like their cases a lot more for their protection and it has a vibration dampener already integrated. It's also relatively low profile and easier to take on and off compared to a Quadlock.

313495891_646047027001044_2963844934291194575_n.jpg

Any forum B/TC members thinking about removing or selling the phone cradle within their TC/B; if so, I would be interested in purchasing it, I'm working on converting the phone compartment to a wireless phone charger. This of course will require the underside to be altered highly with a Dremel and was looking to have a backup while I figure out the electronics.

I started to prototype the concept, which can charge my job iPhone and my Google Pixel 7 thus far; however, the electronics aren't well protected against moisture and such. So I'm now focusing on a waterproof enclosure for the electronics & EMF pad.

If so, feel free to message me directly.

For those of us that use the Rokform (if you haven't look into it, built-in magnets are lovely) I went through 2-3 different attempts to get to this... I tried the vibration dampener they offer, but not compatible with the Ram Mount option.... I tried the mount for the handles but it was too narrow and wouldn't keep the lever from moving when I pulled the brake... Went with this RAM MOUNT bar clamp, then an extended ar, and then the ROKFORM 1" ball adapter...

Rock solid and good placement.

If anyone wants P/N's just let me know..

Attachments

• IMG_4393.JPG
    IMG_4393.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4394.JPG
    IMG_4394.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4395.JPG
    IMG_4395.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
I still use the built-in phone cradle in the gas tank and in-screen navigation system, but that may change soon.

Really not loving that BMW's navigation system doesn't have real-time traffic monitoring and auto-route redirection like Google maps or Waze does. On several occasions, I've had to pull over, pull my 🤬 phone out of the cradle, open Google maps to find an alternate route, then program the BMW navigation app to use THAT route.

I really WANT to love the BMW navigation app...I REALLY, REALLY want to! But BMW's making it so hard!!!

Anyways, I know that was absolutely NOT constructive to this thread, but just needed to vent a little.

Mike

I still use the built-in phone cradle in the gas tank and in-screen navigation system, but that may change soon.

Really not loving that BMW's navigation system doesn't have real-time traffic monitoring and auto-route redirection like Google maps or Waze does. On several occasions, I've had to pull over, pull my 🤬 phone out of the cradle, open Google maps to find an alternate route, then program the BMW navigation app to use THAT route.

I really WANT to love the BMW navigation app...I REALLY, REALLY want to! But BMW's making it so hard!!!

Anyways, I know that was absolutely NOT constructive to this thread, but just needed to vent a little.

Mike
Mike, BMW has some of the best engineering minds but can’t be perfect on everything! Your vent is still a teachable moment for some of us 😄
For those of us that use the Rokform (if you haven't look into it, built-in magnets are lovely) I went through 2-3 different attempts to get to this... I tried the vibration dampener they offer, but not compatible with the Ram Mount option.... I tried the mount for the handles but it was too narrow and wouldn't keep the lever from moving when I pulled the brake... Went with this RAM MOUNT bar clamp, then an extended ar, and then the ROKFORM 1" ball adapter...

If anyone wants P/N's just let me know.

If anyone wants P/N's just let me know..
This set up would be ideal for me since I was given the Ram Mount bar set up for my R18. I’ll look into the ROKFORM adapter for the iPhone 11 Pro. If you happen to use the same phone, please share the P/N’s and I won’t go thru the trial and error process😄

It seems to me that BMW could develop a software update that would have a built in navigation system. This would bring smiles to a whole passel of R18 riders.

[/URL]
A bit hard to see but I'm using the Mous handle bar mount. I went with this over the Quadlock because I like their cases a lot more for their protection and it has a vibration dampener already integrated. It's also relatively low profile and easier to take on and off compared to a Quadlock.

View attachment 9122
Good morning Mr Nice Guy!! Got great ideas for iPhone mounts but I see two cool things on your bike!! Is that a BMW recommended helmet placement on your right grip? Is your windshield the medium size? I just returned the low because the wind was hitting my upper chest instead of the helmet. I am 5’7” but the low WS is way too low!! I should be receiving the medium this week.

LidLox:. Helmet Lock
Interesting. Following...

Edit: One caveat, if I'm locking my helmet outside of my top case, I always position it head side up. That way, if a bird decides to strategically relieve itself over my helmet, the mess isn't as bad to cleanup.

Something to think about...

Mike

Last edited:
As the other folks have said, I have a Lidlox for my helmet. I am happy to see that they finally offer it with a chrome spacer now, as they didn't when I bought mine. They work great, I just recommend keeping a helmet drawstring bag to put over it so it makes it harder for critters to get in and protect it. The reason I put it on the right side is to protect the bike from it hitting it if the wind starts going.

When I took this picture I had the stock 16 windshield from the classic still. I ended up swapping it for a Clearview 18-19 inch w/ Recurve that I got off someone here on the forum. I get less buffeting and it looks much better, but I am curious about trying a 21 to see what that would be like. I'm the same height as you so I think you'd definitely enjoy the improvement.

Good morning Mr Nice Guy!! Got great ideas for iPhone mounts but I see two cool things on your bike!! Is that a BMW recommended helmet placement on your right grip? Is your windshield the medium size? I just returned the low because the wind was hitting my upper chest instead of the helmet. I am 5’7” but the low WS is way too low!! I should be receiving the medium this week.

LidLox:. Helmet Loc
[/URL]
As the other folks have said, I have a Lidlox for my helmet. I am happy to see that they finally offer it with a chrome spacer now, as they didn't when I bought mine. They work great, I just recommend keeping a helmet drawstring bag to put over it so it makes it harder for critters to get in and protect it. The reason I put it on the right side is to protect the bike from it hitting it if the wind starts going.

When I took this picture I had the stock 16 windshield from the classic still. I ended up swapping it for a Clearview 18-19 inch w/ Recurve that I got off someone here on the forum. I get less buffeting and it looks much better, but I am curious about trying a 21 to see what that would be like. I'm the same height as you so I think you'd definitely enjoy the improvement.
I just installed the BMW medium windshield. The height (18-19”) is great to minimize the wind hitting my chest w/o having to look thru the windshield to see the road. Thanks for all the good info!!

Back