So...the R18 bagger

Your aren't very far from northwest Washington. Can you shop there and drive over the border? That is probably more complicated than I care to know about.

Your aren't very far from northwest Washington. Can you shop there and drive over the border? That is probably more complicated than I care to know about.
That sort of stuff is a nightmare, and when you get stung with taxes and GST etc, it adds up fast. A few friends have done it for choppers over the years, and it sounds hellish!

I am going to test her out today, she has 750kms on mine and I only got my classic 6 weeks ago.

Won't lie, been struggling with the guilt of this for some reason, maybe it is the guilt of white male privilege :)

I am going to test her out today, she has 750kms on mine and I only got my classic 6 weeks ago.

Won't lie, been struggling with the guilt of this for some reason, maybe it is the guilt of white male privilege :)
Don’t feel guilty. It is just a piece of metal and preferring one piece of metal over another is no big deal. I have the Classic but can appreciate the bagger especially in the States. For me in the UK I like the fact I can strip my Classic down to single bare bones or dress her up for two up light tours should I wish. 7C2A2CBE-4271-4AE1-92B4-0A1A3D068585.jpeg

So it ticks the boxes and I am going to get it.

Won’t lie, I feel dumb as fuck changing bikes so soon and “wasting” money on it. I actually talked to my counsellor about this stuff lately where I feel scared about spending too much or any money for fear of it all disappearing, this goes back to when I was super poor in my early career. Fast forward and I am doing well for myself, I probably don’t “need” this bike…but I can’t describe how happy bikes make me.

This is probably a bit too much for an R18 forum, but thanks for everyone reading and support.

So it ticks the boxes and I am going to get it.

Won’t lie, I feel dumb as fuck changing bikes so soon and “wasting” money on it. I actually talked to my counsellor about this stuff lately where I feel scared about spending too much or any money for fear of it all disappearing, this goes back to when I was super poor in my early career. Fast forward and I am doing well for myself, I probably don’t “need” this bike…but I can’t describe how happy bikes make me.

This is probably a bit too much for an R18 forum, but thanks for everyone reading and support.
I sometimes go through similar dilemma’s. If it makes you happy, doesn’t hurt anyone else and you are still reasonably covered financially, then why not? It’s not like 100% of your investment will be irredeemable. The bike will always be worth something. Relish your excitement and enjoy the new ride.

Cool pic cat. From the backgrounds in your pictures, your place looks really neat also. I've configured my classic with the same stripped down look. I also take off the lower bag bracket, exposing the entirety of the drive shaft. Makes more of a looks difference than you'd think.

Regarding Frank's existential angst over the additional bike, there are folks here who have all of the flavors of R18. Trading one for the other is rather tame in comparison.

Cool pic cat. From the backgrounds in your pictures, your place looks really neat also. I've configured my classic with the same stripped down look. I also take off the lower bag bracket, exposing the entirety of the drive shaft. Makes more of a looks difference than you'd think.

Regarding Frank's existential angst over the additional bike, there are folks here who have all of the flavors of R18. Trading one for the other is rather tame in comparison.
Thanks for the house compliment. Very lucky to own this place. Never thought to remove lower bag brackets. Will do that today.

You only live once.......if all your financial responsibilities are covered......do what makes ya happy. A little guilt now that goes away every time you swing a leg over the bagger is far better than the shoulda, woulda thoughts that would come later if you didnt.

If it makes you feel better. I bought a 2022 Kawasaki Concours thinking it would be perfect for the wife and I.......she was not comfortable and said she wouldnt ride. So, 2 weeks later I bought my TC and put the Concours up for sale. It is a great bike, but it didnt check all the boxes so it had to go. Did I lose money on it? Some, but ya know what? It's just money and I get paid every 2 weeks.

You only live once.......if all your financial responsibilities are covered......do what makes ya happy. A little guilt now that goes away every time you swing a leg over the bagger is far better than the shoulda, woulda thoughts that would come later if you didnt.

If it makes you feel better. I bought a 2022 Kawasaki Concours thinking it would be perfect for the wife and I.......she was not comfortable and said she wouldnt ride. So, 2 weeks later I bought my TC and put the Concours up for sale. It is a great bike, but it didnt check all the boxes so it had to go. Did I lose money on it? Some, but ya know what? It's just money and I get paid every 2 weeks.
Sounds like we are very similar in that sense.

I have to learn to not worry too much. Have had a weird few years but recently landed a very good job that is going well. My industry is also doing very well and the company are growing. Things are good, I should enjoy the good times, make a plan, kill it at life and ride the wheels off my new bike while listening to music on it.

I appreciate the therapy session guys, we all roll the same in many ways and I really appreciate you reading my posts. I’ll report back when I take ownership today of the beast.

Attachments

• E5089CD4-BB11-4242-B08C-9441F274C20E.jpeg
    E5089CD4-BB11-4242-B08C-9441F274C20E.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 9
Sounds like we are very similar in that sense.

I have to learn to not worry too much. Have had a weird few years but recently landed a very good job that is going well. My industry is also doing very well and the company are growing. Things are good, I should enjoy the good times, make a plan, kill it at life and ride the wheels off my new bike while listening to music on it.

I appreciate the therapy session guys, we all roll the same in many ways and I really appreciate you reading my posts. I’ll report back when I take ownership today of the beast.
The all black is definitely my favorite!

You get one ride here and none of us know the duration so just buy the bike. I’ve sold several bikes with less than 1k miles on them or short ownership periods for one reason or another. Yet to truly regret it. I’ve been the same with cars in the past. Only one I regret selling is my m5 but that wasn’t my decision to let it go 🙄

You get one ride here and none of us know the duration so just buy the bike. I’ve sold several bikes with less than 1k miles on them or short ownership periods for one reason or another. Yet to truly regret it. I’ve been the same with cars in the past. Only one I regret selling is my m5 but that wasn’t my decision to let it go 🙄
I have hung onto vehicles before, thinking 'Well I've paid for it now, might as well hang on'. All I did was lose even more for something I really didn't enjoy that much.

Truth

I must get a ride on a bagger soon to see how it compares to my previous Street Glide Special. I’m predicting there may be some generous deals here in the UK on the B/TC over the winter period.

Back