speedometer reset / recalibration

sjeuf12

Site Supporter
Hi,
after a battery down situation I now notice the speedometer being some 50 km/h off.
When bike stopped, it sticks at 50 km/hr.
I also have zeen a speed of 200+ in 3e gear, on the highway.
Nice, but not very reliable....

How do I reset or calibrate the speedometer?
I do have a working diagnostic ODB2 and the Motoscan app on my phone

I just got the exact same issue. During ignition on the needle cycles from 50 to 6 o'clock (with 200 being around 4 o'clock) and back to 50.

I just got the exact same issue. During ignition on the needle cycles from 50 to 6 o'clock (with 200 being around 4 o'clock) and back to 50.
That is normal .. it is part of the boot-up when you first hit the 'ON' button ... many new vehicles do that ... but after hat it is fine?

on my end, I cleared the error... recharched the battery completly and then went into the diagnostic system, via the ODB2 and cleared the errors... Probably recharching the battery would have been sufficient

Glad you sorted it out.
There is a common trick on the BMW E92 community that maybe works on other BMW. It is said that if you have a pesky warning that you cannot get rid off and don’t have a machine that can reset the code, let’s say, get rid of the “service now” warming if you changed the engine oil yourself, the solution is to disconnect the battery from the terminals, wait about five minutes and then switch the ignition on to consume any electricity that may be lurking around on different electrical components. Switch the ignition off and re connect the battery. After that crank the engine on and the warning would have disappeared for good but also the date and time etc, which are very easy to set up.
Maybe this work on the bike as well, who knows.

Glad you sorted it out.
There is a common trick on the BMW E92 community that maybe works on other BMW. It is said that if you have a pesky warning that you cannot get rid off and don’t have a machine that can reset the code, let’s say, get rid of the “service now” warming if you changed the engine oil yourself, the solution is to disconnect the battery from the terminals, wait about five minutes and then switch the ignition on to consume any electricity that may be lurking around on different electrical components. Switch the ignition off and re connect the battery. After that crank the engine on and the warning would have disappeared for good but also the date and time etc, which are very easy to set up.
Maybe this work on the bike as well, who knows.
good tip; will try that... but also have a working diagnostic connector, with access to all computer data and if need be I reset any errors, including service alarms, myself... BMW does not like me very much.

on my end, I cleared the error... recharched the battery completly and then went into the diagnostic system, via the ODB2 and cleared the errors... Probably recharching the battery would have been sufficient
Indeed

Same thing for me today. It had sat for two weeks with the alarm on. So I started it and ran it 5 minutes. Restarted twice. Error gone

Last edited:
Back