Spirit of passion mod

I think that the back needs something more, but the view from the front is FANTASTIC!
This R100 has a sweeter looking side and back view.

Last edited:
While it is a little odd looking, I really love the ArtDeco stylings. It is more a work of art than a functional vehicle. The recessed headlight is more akin to a spotlight than something you could actually ride with at night.

While it is a little odd looking, I really love the ArtDeco stylings. It is more a work of art than a functional vehicle. The recessed headlight is more akin to a spotlight than something you could actually ride with at night.
Absolutely! Everything you have pointed out is spot-on. But that's the nature of show bikes. They rarely work as well as they look in reality and, in fact, would not pass acceptable standards from the OEM or the guvment. But I love it when a custom shop goes beyond such standards to produce a work of art that we wish we could own and ride. So this conversation has already gone full-circle, from art-to-rideable and back again. When I walked around the R18 Concept bike in NYC in 2019, I was enthralled. And so were a bunch of other folks right there at the time. I (and I'll bet those other guys!) found myself wishing that BMW would actually produce that amazing machine.
SUNUVAGUN! They did it. And now we get to see what other, very talented folks can dream of what it can be.
My own dreams are a bit more realistic, but I do have ideas that will tickle my fancy and may not appeal to other riders. I want to make my R18 more rider-friendly for myself and my wife, but it's Art Deco styling is too sweet to mess up. So I have ideas that I think will fit the bill and still make the machine better for the two of us. Thankfully, we already own a bike that gets the job done in long haul comfort/big "hot rod" power and carrying capacity, so I will bias the R18 to be our version of a "lightweight, sporty" motorcycle, while looking the part of the 1950s & 60s European style.

Pretty cool!
It would have been nice to continue the bikes aft section with bubble rear & bags.Kinda like Ness...

Regards,Tom

Attachments

• IMG_9169.JPG
    IMG_9169.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
Back