Sporty R18 - Long term project

Coming from a sportbike rider - I try to make everything sporty with all my bikes ... even the R18 :)

So I put all the sportbike parts on my R10 from shock to brake ... I even put the 200 sport tire for the rear wheel :) The pictures were taken a few month back without the new 200 Kineo Rear wheel. Also changed the rake angle a little bit to get more suspension feel. that require a whole new custom cnc triple clamp.

Not everyone taste, some like it, some doesn't...but I love it ... and ridding her now is fun as hell.

Attachments

• IMG_1211.JPG
    IMG_1211.JPG
    611.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    364 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    437.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1215.JPG
    IMG_1215.JPG
    529.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    762.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    758.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    762.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    595.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Love the titanium work - custom shop or accessories supplier ?
Must have a visceral sound with that intake & exhaust !

Interesting mashup. Those silencers are (were) intended for a Yamaha VMX17 - mounted upside here, meaning you had to remove the Akrapovič decals. Black Dog would have been happy to see at least one inmate copy his much-touted seat concept. Not much travel to be had on these front forks, no balance pipe between the headers and replacing the intake plenum with pods (?) - more aesthetic than sporty, methinks. The pastel blue covers look photo-shopped and nevertheless might be challenging to clean boiled-on bug juice off without sacrificing the satin sheen. IMG_1213 exposes some tricky 'loose ends' remaining below those long snaking intakes - so, yes, very much still work-in-progress.

Horses for courses. I prefer starting with a proper sports bike if I wish to do something sporty, but each to their own, I appreciate.

Coming from a sportbike rider - I try to make everything sporty with all my bikes ... even the R18 :)

So I put all the sportbike parts on my R10 from shock to brake ... I even put the 200 sport tire for the rear wheel :) The pictures were taken a few month back without the new 200 Kineo Rear wheel. Also changed the rake angle a little bit to get more suspension feel. that require a whole new custom cnc triple clamp.

Not everyone taste, some like it, some doesn't...but I love it ... and ridding her now is fun as hell.
This looks amazing. I didnt even know you could fit Ohlins on the r18.. The exhaust is sick! all of it.

Cool intake mods. Got any info on this??

Love that ‘sport’ seat. 😜 Thanks for posting this.
You got me there... :) ...I had a nice proper thin leather seat put on but it was so hard I couldn't ẹnjoy the ride at all...so I have to choose comfort over beauty....that Corbin seat feel so nice.

Interesting mashup. Those silencers are (were) intended for a Yamaha VMX17 - mounted upside here, meaning you had to remove the Akrapovič decals. Black Dog would have been happy to see at least one inmate copy his much-touted seat concept. Not much travel to be had on these front forks, no balance pipe between the headers and replacing the intake plenum with pods (?) - more aesthetic than sporty, methinks. The pastel blue covers look photo-shopped and nevertheless might be challenging to clean boiled-on bug juice off without sacrificing the satin sheen. IMG_1213 exposes some tricky 'loose ends' remaining below those long snaking intakes - so, yes, very much still work-in-progress.

Horses for courses. I prefer starting with a proper sports bike if I wish to do something sporty, but each to their own, I appreciate.
appreciate your comment ... it is fun project and very happy with the way it's look and it's run great.

is that a 200 tire on the stock rear rim? I want to do some drag bars like yours. I just got my bike yesterday. I am trying to figure out where I'm getting all my parts. It looks like you powder coated the engine covers. The bike looks good!

Back