Suggestions for additions / Changes to the Forums?

Hi Svtweb

Several recent posts have highlighted the need for a sub-category within this forum. The purpose would be to further document issues, concerns, and also recommendations to, one would hope, a willing ear within BMW, without that person having to wade through countless threads and unrelated topics. As such, it would serve as an uncluttered conduit between the enthusiasts and the manufacturer. And really there are no better, more qualified enthusiasts than right here at r18forums.com

Hi Svtweb

Several recent posts have highlighted the need for a sub-category within this forum. The purpose would be to further document issues, concerns, and also recommendations to, one would hope, a willing ear within BMW, without that person having to wade through countless threads and unrelated topics. As such, it would serve as an uncluttered conduit between the enthusiasts and the manufacturer. And really there are no better, more qualified enthusiasts than right here at r18forums.com
I’ll send a not to the powers that be and see what we can do. What would your suggestions of breakdowns be?

Well, off the top of my head, issues we've discussed include 1) left cylinder smoke 2) fuel pump whine 3) transmission failure 4) slow appearance of accessories 5) no service manual. I would add some recommendations like how about adding engine temperature to the dash? and a fuel gauge? The list goes on and on. It'll likely feel like a pit of complaints, but at least it'll be focused in one place. Also it could serve as a place for prospective buyers to gain insight into whatever issues/problems we're encountering.

Well, off the top of my head, issues we've discussed include 1) left cylinder smoke 2) fuel pump whine 3) transmission failure 4) slow appearance of accessories 5) no service manual. I would add some recommendations like how about adding engine temperature to the dash? and a fuel gauge? The list goes on and on. It'll likely feel like a pit of complaints, but at least it'll be focused in one place. Also it could serve as a place for prospective buyers to gain insight into whatever issues/problems we're encountering.
I'd add reverse wonkiness. I don't expect that there would be a fix on existing bikes, but it's bound to be a topic that comes up repeatedly.

The chief of the site and myself are looking into the SPAM issue and the addition of a sub-forum for "Problems & Issues"

Thank you for the suggestions.. 11 people reported the one user spamming their inbox... 176 others went to the site and signed up. ;-)

Thank you admins for hosting this forum!
Only observation is many similar or random topics, not an easy task to wrangle. Keep up the great work. Spam patrol alone is the plague of most forums, you’re doing good fighting all that.

This is a great site to keep us updated, swap ideas, discuss our bikes, appreciate your efforts and getting feedback by asking us!

Thank you BMG50, we try very hard to stay on top of things but given the shear volume there is always someone that gets through the cracks. We hope that this community will continue to build and be the “watering hole” that the R18 enthusiasts will gather around for many years into the future.

How about a trade swap page for BMW related gear, accessories? i am a enthusiast collector of Motorcycle vintage gear books clothing etc. Joining a forum is new for me so I do not know if this is appropriate request.
I think the "Marketplace Everything Else" forum and titling the thread "Looking to swap..." would be a great place to start. Hell, you'd have the first thread in that forum

How about a separate sub-forum for the new R18 B and Transcontinental models. I feel there are enough differences between the original and new R18 models to warrant it.

How about a separate sub-forum for the new R18 B and Transcontinental models. I feel there are enough differences between the original and new R18 models to warrant it.
I believe that there is one of those. They are currently talking about sound system and pairing issues.

Back