TC with Freedom Performance 4.5" exhaust no baffles video

moleculo

Last weekend I decided to do a little experiment to see what the Freedom Performance exhaust sounds like without the baffle. It was really tough to get the end caps off, which is what holds the baffle in, but I got it done. Here's a short clip of the sound; let me know what you think!

My wife actually likes the way this sounds better - yes it's a little louder, but it has a deep throaty sound. And it's not as loud as I thought it might be so I'm going to ride it for a while this to determine whether I put the baffles back in or not. As a side note, the baffles are encased in a layer of coarse steel wool, and then fiberglass packing is taped around that. About 1/3 of the fiberglass packing had already burned off, so I just cut the rest off and tossed in the trash. If I put the baffles back in, I won't add it back.

El fin de semana pasado decidí hacer un pequeño experimento para ver cómo suena el escape Freedom Performance sin el deflector. Fue realmente difícil quitar las tapas de los extremos, que es lo que sujeta el deflector, pero lo logré. Aquí hay un breve clip del sonido; ¡Déjame saber lo que piensas!

A mi esposa realmente le gusta la forma en que suena mejor: sí, es un poco más fuerte, pero tiene un sonido profundo y ronco. Y no es tan ruidoso como pensé que podría ser, así que voy a montarlo por un tiempo para determinar si vuelvo a colocar los deflectores o no. Como nota al margen, los deflectores están encerrados en una capa de lana de acero grueso, y luego se coloca un empaque de fibra de vidrio alrededor de eso. Aproximadamente 1/3 del empaque de fibra de vidrio ya se había quemado, así que corté el resto y lo tiré a la basura. Si vuelvo a colocar los deflectores, no lo volveré a agregar.
Podrias poner fotos desmontado gracias

I didn't take pictures of the whole thing disassembled, but I can post pics of just the baffles if you want? To get the end caps off, you have to loosen the chrome cover that is just in front of it. There's just an O ring that holds it in place. Two allen screws hold the end cap in place. With the front chrome cover slid forward a bit, you have to bang the hell out of the end cap alternating top and bottom to get it to come out. A rubber mallet and some type of thick plastic that can take the striking abuse is needed to get enough force to make them come out. I sacrificed a strap wrench handle for the cause. Put some type of cushion on the ground below the end cap in case they pop out unexpectedly to keep from marring them on the ground. Now you have access to the allen screw that holds the baffle in place to remove it. You'll need the rubber mallet to bang the end cap back on - it is VERY tight. I put a little grease on there as an assist. That's it!

Back