That was fun while it lasted

It's all about reasonableness; the whole small parts are in germany thing is BS; They didn't sell a lot of these bikes and spares can easily be air shipped... even at low cost. There is no excuse, other than the quality of service is extremely bad. They have released a string of flops lately and I don't look for reasons. But with any vehicle I pay a premium price for I expect unerring customer service. It's just silly

It's all about reasonableness; the whole small parts are in germany thing is BS; They didn't sell a lot of these bikes and spares can easily be air shipped... even at low cost. There is no excuse, other than the quality of service is extremely bad. They have released a string of flops lately and I don't look for reasons. But with any vehicle I pay a premium price for I expect unerring customer service. It's just silly

Two guys shouting never again. One for legitimate reasons. One for, um, other reasons. But what I keep coming back to is that corporate doesn't care. You're both lost. And whether you bought 4 BMWs (like the other guy too) doesn't matter at all. BMW doesn't care. Hell, even thinking that any actual thought went into this equation is silly. It's business on a macro-economical level. You can tell everyone you know, you can scream it from the dang mountain! I hate BMW! And while you're yelling they just sold more bikes than you'll ever buy again. And it just happened again. And again. Trying to offset what little impact you have costs more money than just letting you yell. Sorry.

This situation should matter to you and to your dealership. They're losing your (you, that guy who bought a bunch of BMWs) business. Why haven't you posted that so-and-so dealership is crap?!? Why didn't they go to bat for you? Putting myself in your shoes, that'd be the focus of my angst.

Last edited:
My condolences to the OP. Not fun.

Looking forward to following this. BMW has gone to a mostly modular design. The transmission, for example, is not repairable; a complete new one is the fix for any problem. So I am very curious as to what their resolution is.

I seem to recall this issue happening to another owner. To the other owners dismay I believe they were just replacing the damaged side.

Thanks for sharing
If this is accurate i actually prefer the entire part like a transmission getting replaced rather then repaired. I had 8 bikes just bought a 2022 R18B. Last two were Harleys and one past bike BMW 1150 RT. Never had any issues with any of them (knock on wood) I ride all year round and rack up miles but get antsy after 2-3 years for a new one so none of mine ever got old.

John

Back