The Beast Awakens!

Adrian R

After a very long Winter's nap, I uncovered and fired up the R18C. It hasn't run since late Oct, early Nov of last year.

It spent it's down time on a battery tender, and when I hit the starter button, it fired in less then a second...and immediately settled into a nice, prominent idle... No smoke, no odd noise, no coughing or sputtering, just pure perfection.

Went ahead and performed a blood transfusion...with some fresh Mobil 1, 15w/50 and new BMW oil filter. The bike runs SOOO smooth and quietly with that oil...It's like liquid grease. The valves are nearly silent. The exhaust note is percussive...deep...indicating good compression... Excellent power with the Brentune, and DNA stage two air filter... Fkin LOVE this bike!

All I have to do now is replace the final drive oil, but since I am buying a new seat soon, I will wait to do the job then as I have to remove the right side bag to get at it. Looking forward to some nice long rides this season AND with a much better seat! Old fkin ahole man Winter ain't done with us yet though... snow still in the forecast and cold.

Attachments

• bmwmobil.jpg
    bmwmobil.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 27
Yea with you. I took mine out last week for the first time (this season) and it fired straight away. Had a short ride around some quiet country lanes, fabulous. This is a jewel of a bike.

Same here.. it was close to 50° yesterday, almost went for a ride; I started the bike up and let it idle for 30 min while on the X518 stand. Started right up, no issues sitting on the battery tender.

Back