The new one from Germany

Hello everyone, I'm Michael, I'm 53 years old and I come from the beautiful Spessart in Germany. I've been driving the R18 for 2.5 years and I'm very satisfied. I have 3 R18's. A still quite original, which I drive with my wife. One was rebuilt in the style of the old R5 with sidecars. And I had one converted into a bobber by LMC (Hans Lang). I hope I can contribute something to the topic of R18. Unfortunately I have to write everything with a translation program, please forgive spelling mistakes. Greetings from Germany MichaelSaxonia-BMW R 18 Patzelt (145).JPGSaxonia-BMW R 18 Patzelt (155).JPGSaxonia-BMW R 18 Patzelt (158).JPG

Hello everyone, I'm Michael, I'm 53 years old and I come from the beautiful Spessart in Germany. I've been driving the R18 for 2.5 years and I'm very satisfied. I have 3 R18's. A still quite original, which I drive with my wife. One was rebuilt in the style of the old R5 with sidecars. And I had one converted into a bobber by LMC (Hans Lang). I hope I can contribute something to the topic of R18. Unfortunately I have to write everything with a translation program, please forgive spelling mistakes. Greetings from Germany MichaelView attachment 9275View attachment 9277View attachment 9278
These German made sidecars are unequivocally the best looking sidecars in the world.

Hello,

driving the sidecar requires a little practice. But once you've driven a few hours at a time, it's easy to handle. I've also ridden Harleys before. But old motorcycles are my passion.

Greetings

Michael

Thanks very much,

wasn't cheap either. I developed the oil cooler myself. I didn't like the "snow shovel" at all.
Best regards

Michael
Hi Michael, I also dislike the snow shovel oil cooler and have not found anything i like until now, are they available for purchase, i am in Australia.

Welcome, absolutely stunning collection. Beautiful each and every one. Oil cooler and valve covers are awesome.

So the oil cooler is a complete engine cover replacement?

Is there a chrome model and what is the approximate cost?
Exactly, the oil cooler is attached instead of the normal engine cover. Chrome plating is too expensive, so it is only polished. but there is hardly any difference to the chrome plating. The costs are about € 2500 plus shipping.
Greetings Michael

Hello everyone, I'm Michael, I'm 53 years old and I come from the beautiful Spessart in Germany. I've been driving the R18 for 2.5 years and I'm very satisfied. I have 3 R18's. A still quite original, which I drive with my wife. One was rebuilt in the style of the old R5 with sidecars. And I had one converted into a bobber by LMC (Hans Lang). I hope I can contribute something to the topic of R18. Unfortunately I have to write everything with a translation program, please forgive spelling mistakes. Greetings from Germany MichaelView attachment 9275View attachment 9277View attachment 9278
Drive a car...ride a bike !

Back