The R18 Real world review from your very own R18Forums Moderator

Very nice write up! How does the bike feel in slow speed u-turns in your opinion? I’m used to the K1600B radius, more top heavy, but similar size and weight, different bike though. Turn arounds on narrow two lane streets goes well. Was curious from your R18 experience, any different with the weight down lower, turn radius or no issues?

Thank you for the compliment.

I have done a little bit of PLP (Parking Lot Practice) and once I got used to the seating position I found it to be very stable at slow speeds. I have not got to the point of doing a full lock to lock figure 8 yet, but can easily make a U-Turn on a 2-Lane road. I have a K1600GTL and an R1200C and it falls in between them. When it warms up I’ll spend some more time at the college parking lot near me and get a better read.

Thank you for the compliment.

I have done a little bit of PLP (Parking Lot Practice) and once I got used to the seating position I found it to be very stable at slow speeds. I have not got to the point of doing a full lock to lock figure 8 yet, but can easily make a U-Turn on a 2-Lane road. I have a K1600GTL and an R1200C and it falls in between them. When it warms up I’ll spend some more time at the college parking lot near me and get a better read.
Great to hear, I’m living vicariously through all you other fortunate riders experience, mines due in soon, will be doing some PLP for sure when winter let’s up, thank you for the info!

Agree, slow in control is a great skill to acquire on a heavy bike like the R18 etc. Check out the “ride like a pro” video series or courses, it’s great. Opens up a whole new approach to riding and safe handling at any speed, IMO.

Back