Tool kit for the R18

Hi all, I just bot a r18 which i love. I m kinda surprised there isn’t any toolkit included. Can someone educate me on what travel tools i should be carrying with me? Such as the proper allen wrench size to remove the seat and that sort of thing. Thanks a lot in advance

Hi all, I just bot a r18 which i love. I m kinda surprised there isn’t any toolkit included. Can someone educate me on what travel tools i should be carrying with me? Such as the proper allen wrench size to remove the seat and that sort of thing. Thanks a lot in advance
Pretty sure it's a torx only bike. Take 15 minutes and look over your bike. That should get you 95% of the way.

Here's what I carry:

69254E61-9762-4C24-B84D-F1C9A461C41E.jpeg

This covers most everything for me. Tried to keep all my mods torx, but hasn't worked out. Anyhow, like Gr8adv said, just walk around your bike making a list. The OEM toolkit is, IMO, only to be used as a last resort. It's both difficult to access and barebones.

Last edited:
Just want to make sure you know about the tools on the bike under the r18 cover on the right side of your bike where the rear suspension preload adjustment knob is (should know where that is too).

There are some tools in the right side, at the same place of the load adjust. Beside of that, you should carry only the tools you know how to use

Just want to make sure you know about the tools on the bike under the r18 cover on the right side of your bike where the rear suspension preload adjustment knob is (should know where that is too).
Yah i noticed that in the manual. I m not clear actually how to take off the panel to grab it. I would hate to break something 2 days in. :)

Hi
You will find that the rudimentary tools are included including torx bits etc. They are stored under the side panel by the battery. The screwdriver handle for instance does more than just take the screwdriver shaft. I seem to remember the back of it will fit the rear shock adjuster. There is a thread somewhere on here regarding that sort of thing.
Hi all, I just bot a r18 which i love. I m kinda surprised there isn’t any toolkit included. Can someone educate me on what travel tools i should be carrying with me? Such as the proper allen wrench size to remove the seat and that sort of thing. Thanks a

Back