Top Case Trunk for R18

Hi Stormy,
I installed my own top box on the Holan luggage rack... I went for the Givi Trekker TRK52, this combined with the Civi mounting plate... does look nice, without the glitter and glamour... it holds 2 modular helmets and space to spare.... also has plenty of optional components to choose from
That looks great. It was a tough decision for me to decide between the Hepco & Becker and the Trekker TK52 like you installed. I think the Trekker is definitely a higher quality top case and the Givi mounts look like they are pretty nice, although I have never owned or used them. Thanks for sharing so I can see how that worked out for you. I am currently working on a mounting plate for mine to move it rearward 3" to make room for the Corbin Backrest for my wife when she rides with me.

Tell me if I well understand Holan:
Your system allows a fast switch from the chrome plated element to the top case holder plate ?
If yes, I want one ! :LOL:

Hope you feel better by now! Could you show how you attached the base plate yo the rack? I'm very interested in ordering the same setup.
With my original mounting method (shown in previous posts on this thread) of the universal baseplate for my Hepco/Becker Orbit top case, I could not use my Corbin back rest in the passenger position. I needed to move the top case back exactly 3 inches. I bought a piece of 12'x24' 3/4" marine grade plastic. I cut it out to the rough shape I needed and then took it to a friends woodworking shop to clean up my cut marks, etc. I then mounted the Hepco/Becker mounting plate to this adapter plate and mounted the whole assembly to my Holan flat luggage rack using 1/2" stainless steel one hole conduit clamps with all stainless steel bolts. I countersunk the holes on the top so the button head fasteners sit flush. Hopefully the pics make sense and show how well it fits, and the Corbin backrest is shaped perfectly to clear the backrest pad I also installed on the top case. The angle the Corbin backrest folds to is just right to allow the top case lid to open. I was happy with the original configuration, but this is a really nice upgrade. And very sturdy as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 22
Heritage QR rack "2 in 1" and its possibilities"
link to the movie in HD quality:
@R18Holan -What all comes with this rack ? The chrome cover and the black plate with the lock cylinder ? I really like the looks of the chrome rack, but would like it better if you could actually use it as a rack and have access to mount tie downs and such to lash things on. Also, does the black plate with the key lock come with it ? Will it work on the two up flat rack I bought from you 3 months ago or so ? Thanks, Mike.

the "2 in 1" rack is a rack made of tubes (to which you can catch luggage belts) + a decorative chrome plate included. The ABS plate with a lock is an optional element because it is available in 3 sizes for different sizes of bags or panniers

That looks great. It was a tough decision for me to decide between the Hepco & Becker and the Trekker TK52 like you installed. I think the Trekker is definitely a higher quality top case and the Givi mounts look like they are pretty nice, although I have never owned or used them. Thanks for sharing so I can see how that worked out for you. I am currently working on a mounting plate for mine to move it rearward 3" to make room for the Corbin Backrest for my wife when she rides with me.
Hi Stormy,
had to wake up sleeping beauty today (see thread reverse lever) and start her up, just to remeber how she sounds like...
While warming up, I took a chance to take a few pictures of the Civi Trekker 52, now with all the trimmings...extra carrier, back rest and bag... no more trimmings left... as mentioned before, it holds 2 system helmets, but the without the internal bag

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_160053.jpg
    IMG_20211125_160053.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20211125_153521.jpg
    IMG_20211125_153521.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20211125_153530.jpg
    IMG_20211125_153530.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20211125_153805.jpg
    IMG_20211125_153805.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Hi Stormy,
had to wake up sleeping beauty today (see thread reverse lever) and start her up, just to remeber how she sounds like...
While warming up, I took a chance to take a few pictures of the Civi Trekker 52, now with all the trimmings...extra carrier, back rest and bag... no more trimmings left... as mentioned before, it holds 2 system helmets, but the without the internal bag
That looks great. Nice upgrades. That is definitely an awesome top case setup.

Back