Trailering

Trailered my R18B for about 7 hours. Straps through the lowest part of the fork/fender on the front, and one on each side around the wheel/tire at the back. Probably easier on a classic as the bags make the rear tough to find a spot. In any case, didn't move an inch over what can only be considered "roads" through a lot of rural Texas/Arkansas.

Trailered my R18B for about 7 hours. Straps through the lowest part of the fork/fender on the front, and one on each side around the wheel/tire at the back. Probably easier on a classic as the bags make the rear tough to find a spot. In any case, didn't move an inch over what can only be considered "roads" through a lot of rural Texas/Arkansas.
Thanks. Most advice that I saw online said to place the straps as high as possible, but there is no high place on the back of an R18.

I have hauled mine in the truck and on an open trailer and on the R18 bagger, I used the lower fork mounts where the flashers are. Didn’t budget for a few thousand miles. I have the rear ratchet down as well but it’s really not needed. I just like having 4 straps instead of 2.

I have hauled mine in the truck and on an open trailer and on the R18 bagger, I used the lower fork mounts where the flashers are. Didn’t budget for a few thousand miles. I have the rear ratchet down as well but it’s really not needed. I just like having 4 straps instead of 2.
This, really just there in case something goes catastrophically wrong, there's something preventing the bike from wholesale running off.

Took her out for a short drive, but need to get different straps before taking her on the highway.

Attachments

• 20230218_152049.jpg
    20230218_152049.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 91
  • 20230218_152103.jpg
    20230218_152103.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 87
So I'm about to trailer my TC home 600 miles........Looking like front forks down low around where fenders mount?...Also in the rear there dont seem to be good tie-down spots so just wrap around the tire/wheel??

Craig

Running a strap over the steering head will do little to nothing to prevent the bike from leaning in either direction.
You need an individual strap on each side attached to a secure attachment point like the lower tree or the lower fork above the fender bosses.
Also use a quality wheel chock like a Condor.

For anyone else's reference, I loaded my R18 TC into the U-Haul 6x12 trailer today. had to take of the windscreen to make it fit vertically, but otherwise... *dad voice* - "she ain't going nowhere"

also got the ramp at Home Depot for $150.
Had a weight rating for 750... and the bike is 950.... but it held just fine. :)

Attachments

• PXL_20230707_005024473.jpg
    PXL_20230707_005024473.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20230707_005019176.jpg
    PXL_20230707_005019176.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
For anyone else's reference, I loaded my R18 TC into the U-Haul 6x12 trailer today. had to take of the windscreen to make it fit vertically, but otherwise... *dad voice* - "she ain't going nowhere"

also got the ramp at Home Depot for $150.
Had a weight rating for 750... and the bike is 950.... but it held just fine. :)
Where did you attach the rear straps to the bike? I put my bike up on a table to work on trying, to figure out good attachment points 2 Fwd & 2 Aft

Back