Transmission issue

Wow, glad you stopped without incident. Are they going to doing a diag on the failure? Man, I’d be REALLY curious…
Not sure I want to know, there wasn't any fluid leaking from it so may have been human error. As long as they make it good (and it looks like they are) I'm not going to question it.

View attachment 5846
I picked the bike up Tuesday took the back road home good ride no problem.
Wednesday took the high way to work... well I didn't make it lost the final drive in the fast lane. Luckily it didn't lock up, until we put it on the tow truck.
Dealer offered my money back or another bike. Thinking it over
You said "I picked up my bike" Did you just buy it brand new or was this after service?
I don't see any oil thrown out.Maybe dry rear gear?

Good luck with your decision.

You said "I picked up my bike" Did you just buy it brand new or was this after service?
I don't see any oil thrown out.Maybe dry rear gear?

Good luck with your decision.
If you scroll back through this thread about a month ago I lost the transmission. I picked it up Tuesday from having tranny replaced. I also suspect human error.

Take a new bike then and find a different dealer.Sounds like the shop doesn't have humans there.

Seriously though,good luck and hope the best outcome for you.

Take a new bike then and find a different dealer.Sounds like the shop doesn't have humans there.

Seriously though,good luck and hope the best outcome for you.
Idk. Offer of money back or new bike with no corp bmw baggage of repairing it etc sounds like a good dealer to me. But My knowledge of this situation is limited to what I read here.

GL!!!!!!!!!!

I took the new bike. My reasoning was 2 parts. 1i was really impressed at how willing they were to make it right. ( I know that's our expectation but it's also very rare. ) 2. If I took the money and bought something else I would lose 5k in sales tax. I do love the bike and nothing else appealed to me.

It is very reassuring hearing that BMW is standing by their customers and product. Time without your machine is certainly a bummer but thankfully they are getting it fixed/replaced without hassle.

I took the new bike. My reasoning was 2 parts. 1i was really impressed at how willing they were to make it right. ( I know that's our expectation but it's also very rare. ) 2. If I took the money and bought something else I would lose 5k in sales tax. I do love the bike and nothing else appealed to me.
What's the model of the new bike...? I read through this whole thread, what an ordeal... Sounds like a one-off problem with your original bike... 🤞

Back