Two things happening lately

Anibal

Site Supporter
Folks, my Bagger has been doing something unusual lately.

1- After I refuel, the fuel gauge takes like 3 minutes to register the amount of fuel in the tank. Coincidentally, the Motorrad app says my fuel tank is at 100% even if it is 3/4 empty. Sent an email to the app developer 2 weeks ago in case they can help.

2- For the last few days I have been getting a yellow warning telling me that the SOS call system is not available and if it keeps happening I should take the bike to the nearest dealership.

Has anyone experienced this before? I have been toying with the idea of disconnecting the battery and see if that goes away after reconnecting.

Thank you all.

Never paid any attention to how long it took but I did notice a few times immediate following a filling my low fuel warning would still be on. Happened with my first fill up and everyone after that so I assumed it was normal

Thank you for that. To be honest, the fuel gauge has always been spot on, maximum a 10 second delay after switching the ignition on but now it takes a bit too long before going to the actual position. It is too soon for the fuel sender to go off and I always use top grade fuel, hence I am assuming it is electrical related. The bike is due for a service in June at the dealership so I will mention this to them if it keeps happening by then. I can live with both quirks but is annoying and not normal.
Cheers

Try pulling the 50 amp fuse. let it sit for 90 seconds. I also try to turn the power on during this 90 seconds to draw any remaining energy. reinstall the fuse. then start her up. take her for a spin and see if you still get that SOS error.

Try pulling the 50 amp fuse. let it sit for 90 seconds. I also try to turn the power on during this 90 seconds to draw any remaining energy. reinstall the fuse. then start her up. take her for a spin and see if you still get that SOS error.
Thank you for that, will try at the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
The SOS error is usually a software update (on RT's anyway) - mine had it. I have fuel gauge issues too but different in that my analogue gauge is more accurate than the digital display one- the digital one often reporting that I have a 190 mile range when full :rolleyes:

Cheers. I thought about that as well. Me being me, was afraid that if I were to ask for an update then something else would pop up later on 🤣🤣
Will do the fuse trick tonight and if no joy then will ask for a software update when I take the bike for a service in 3 weeks time. Maybe this will cure the analog fuel gauge issue and update the app display as well which as you can see says I have 100% fuel yet some 218 mls range🙄

Attachments

• IMG_1034.png
    IMG_1034.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Well. I went to the dealership today as I fancied a ride some where, so that was my excuse. There is alway as bunch of riders there that meet up for coffee and biscuits provided by the shop.
I mentioned the issue to the dealer and he called one of the mechanics. The young fella said that normally the SOS thing is due to poor coverage of the network used by the SOS system and it was nothing to be concerned about in terms of a possible fault. He said that they will update the software when I take the bike for the service next month in any case.
The funny thing is that today the warning message did not show up on the way there or my way back.
Unbeknown to me, for the last 2 evenings the aurora borealis (northern lights) have been visible in the UK. The aurora borealis are produced by solar flares and the spectacle is the result of super charged particles impacting the earth magnetic fields. Solar flares or solar storms, are known to disrupt satellite and mobile communications and I was wondering if there was nothing wrong with the bike but something to do with the satellite the SOS network uses for this service. Will keep an eye on the message and see if it shows up tomorrow morning as I am planing another ride first thing.

It is intermittent and non essential. Often switching off and on cures it. I spent 5hrs at the dealer today whilst they "just" replaced the top box struts. 🙄

Back