UK Motorcycle Insurance

Cheshire Cat

Site Supporter
Elite Member
My insurer LV will no longer be offering Motorcycle Insurance going forward. My current policy expires September. Any particular recommendations anyone? Currently paying £220.00 fully comp for 3000 miles.
When I called around last year, quote was similar from the likes of Bikesure, Bennett’s, etc.

What happens after 3000 miles (presumably per year)? Do they stop covering after that? Here in the US, they ask you what you will be using the bike for (and sometimes they ask for a yearly mileage estimate) but I've never heard of them actually keeping track of that.

What happens after 3000 miles (presumably per year)? Do they stop covering after that? Here in the US, they ask you what you will be using the bike for (and sometimes they ask for a yearly mileage estimate) but I've never heard of them actually keeping track of that.
3000 miles is what they base the quote on. If you think you might do more, they need to be aware. It is not hard and fast as far as I am aware however, if you did significantly more miles, it would possibly have a detrimental effect on your cover. Just done done checking and I can get the quote down by a third if I don’t want the extras such as clothing/ helmet cover etc.

3000 miles is what they base the quote on. If you think you might do more, they need to be aware. It is not hard and fast as far as I am aware however, if you did significantly more miles, it would possibly have a detrimental effect on your cover. Just done done checking and I can get the quote down by a third if I don’t want the extras such as clothing/ helmet cover etc.
It is worth asking what the cost difference is on the miles limit. With many it is not much of a saving.

Bikesure for me. Not necessarily the cheapest but the service has been impeccable. Aside from people losing their jobs, I am glad MCE went under and always paid the extra £30/50 over their quote to go with someone else which on the last couple of bikes was Bikesure.

I have a multi bike policy with Bennetts, very competitive and always answer the phone promptly and their call base is in the UK. I have been lucky and haven’t had to make a claim from them. But I can recommend their policy’s. If you want good it wont be cheap, if you want cheap it wont be good….

Bikesure for me. Not necessarily the cheapest but the service has been impeccable. Aside from people losing their jobs, I am glad MCE went under and always paid the extra £30/50 over their quote to go with someone else which on the last couple of bikes was Bikesure.
Bikesure came in at £180.00 for 4000 miles and all mod's declared including BT Moto ECU flash. Funny thing is, you forget how many 'mods' one can make in just a few months. BrenTune, air filter, paint job, camera system, seat, crash bars, to name a few! Don't know which ones actually affect the cost of insurance but pretty happy with sub £200.00.

Bikesure came in at £180.00 for 4000 miles and all mod's declared including BT Moto ECU flash. Funny thing is, you forget how many 'mods' one can make in just a few months. BrenTune, air filter, paint job, camera system, seat, crash bars, to name a few! Don't know which ones actually affect the cost of insurance but pretty happy with sub £200.00.
Quotes that cheap are still a pipe dream for me 😂 Glad they came through for you 👍🏻

You probably have something I can't get back for any amount of cash. Youth for instance. :LOL:
When I was initially researching the R18, I was getting quotes around the £300 mark. When it came to buying one it was more than double 🙄 Not sure why/ what happened but I’m hoping for a significant drop at renewal next year. I was also a bit miffed at how many wouldn’t insure the R18 without a tracker given how not sought after it is and in theory the theft risk is practically nil but hey ho. My SGS in comparison with all the mods including pipes, cam swap and remap was £276. Makes no sense to me.

Back