Updates for 2024 R18B

The BMW website is showing some new, factory options such as a comfort passenger seat, passenger backrest, highway bars, and foot rests over the cylinder heads. More pricey, but more factory options! I wish they also offered Apple Car Play for easy and familiar connectivity.

So, has anyone else noticed the big price increases on accessories vs 2023? The Vance & Hines pipes went from $889 to $1,660, the engine protection bar went from ~$565 to $698, the valve cover trim went from ~$445 to $785, etc.

Here's a link from Sierra BMW, but all the dealers I checked (and the BMW configurator) have the new prices. Guess my bike will be staying stock...

The BMW website is showing some new, factory options such as a comfort passenger seat, passenger backrest, highway bars, and foot rests over the cylinder heads. More pricey, but more factory options! I wish they also offered Apple Car Play for easy and familiar connectivity.
I'd like to see factory performance Mods like Harley does. Stage one, two, three....
pretty much most of the accessories are already available. I think you could easily get another 10-25 ft. lbs of torque out of his motor without a major concern for the trans et. But like any bike IF you ride it like a 16 year old, it's going to beak somewhere....I would think most of us have outgrown that kinda crap. But more clean smooth acceleration from 0-70 would be ideal.
Even a plug in re-map from the factory might be enough??

I'd like to see factory performance Mods like Harley does. Stage one, two, three....
pretty much most of the accessories are already available. I think you could easily get another 10-25 ft. lbs of torque out of his motor without a major concern for the trans et. But like any bike IF you ride it like a 16 year old, it's going to beak somewhere....I would think most of us have outgrown that kinda crap. But more clean smooth acceleration from 0-70 would be ideal.
Even a plug in re-map from the factory might be enough??
Brentune definitely scratches the itch of the smoother acceleration from 0-70, albeit not factory and not cheap.

There’s a whole culture with Harley where it’s almost understood that the bike you buy is just the base template for the bike you really want. This guarantees a healthy aftermarket, both from the factory and other makers. I don’t know how similar or different BMW is in this regard, but factory-supported hot rodding for our R18s would be awesome. So then we could go buy the cheaper versions from a non-OEM. 😆

Brentune definitely scratches the itch of the smoother acceleration from 0-70, albeit not factory and not cheap.

There’s a whole culture with Harley where it’s almost understood that the bike you buy is just the base template for the bike you really want. This guarantees a healthy aftermarket, both from the factory and other makers. I don’t know how similar or different BMW is in this regard, but factory-supported hot rodding for our R18s would be awesome. So then we could go buy the cheaper versions from a non-OEM. 😆
Yeah, I'm gonna go for the Brentune...change my air filter, and call it a day. This bike is too difficult to work on compared to Harley's, and it doesn't seem like Motorrad wants us modifying the bike internally. Just a few odds and ends for appearance et....
But a set of Speed shop factory swap outs would be awesome....

Hi Big Jim
Agree 100% with what you say regarding modification cultures. I owned a Fat Bob for years before opting for BMW. The BMW suits me far better than the Harley however, I do miss the fact that everyone modified their Harley's and doing so with the R18 is far more challenging. I have the Brentune and air filter already. Very satisfied with the result but at a price of $500/600 as was the deal at the time. At $1000 I might not have been so keen.

Back