(USA) Map speed limit now displaying now Kilometers

fleabag

I didn’t change anything so I’m not sure how the map is now showing the speed limit in kilometers. I’ve checked everywhere, including the connected App and it’s all set to mph. Tried changing to kilometers and back to miles and its the same. I haven’t reset the app yet and I really don’t want to do that. Anyone have any advise on where else to check?

I didn’t change anything so I’m not sure how the map is now showing the speed limit in kilometers. I’ve checked everywhere, including the connected App and it’s all set to mph. Tried changing to kilometers and back to miles and its the same. I haven’t reset the app yet and I really don’t want to do that. Anyone have any advise on where else to check?

Can you report it to the developers, directly from the app ..? Do you have a picture or screenshot?

I assume it shows (km) on the TFT map screen?

I see 0 MPH as your current speed and I see 104 in the top left hand corner; are you stopped on a road that has a speed limit of 65 MPH?

Assuming you pulled over to take a picture...
104 is the freeway speed I was just on (65mph). Pulled over right off the freeway so it didn’t have a chance to change yet.

I think the developers or Motorrad did an update because I have the same issue. So my speed is displayed in m/ph but the road speed limit ( the figure on the top left inside the white box) is displayed in km/ph.
This was not the case last time I ride my bike but I noticed this last weekend when I took the bike on a 48hrs road trip.

I think the developers or Motorrad did an update because I have the same issue. So my speed is displayed in m/ph but the road speed limit ( the figure on the top left inside the white box) is displayed in km/ph.
This was not the case last time I ride my bike but I noticed this last weekend when I took the bike on a 48hrs road trip.
I think you’re right. I haven’t ridden in several weeks and today when I opened the map there was some kind of notification, something about the R1300 so I ignored it. I also had to log in to the phone which I normally don’t have to do.

Is there a setting on the bike, via the TFT menu?

Screenshot_20240114-174830.png

I sent the below to the [email protected] email support address; perhaps other forum members can do the same in order to get a fix in place ASAP:

To Whom it May Concern,

It looks like a recent update to the Motorrad Connect App, no longer displays MPH on the R18 B or Transcontinental TFT display for the Speed Limit Info.

All settings are set for US measurements within the ConnectApp; however, the Speed Limit Info seems to default and or is locked to kilometers per hour.

Any ideas on how to fix; I thought it best to report this, as it affects all US riders.

See the attached picture, showing 104 as the Speed Limit Info for the road which has a local speed limit of 65 MPH.

Best regards,

Scott Semone

Screenshot_20240114-184239.png

From another thread on the topic:
Thanks for contacting BMW Motorrad USA regarding the speed limit notices showing in the wrong measurement unit on your motorcycle. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Our BMW Motorrad Connected team is aware of these issues and are currently working to release a fix as soon as possible. I apologize again for the difficulties.

Should you need to contact BMW Motorrad Customer Relations and Services again, you can reach us at 1-800-831-1117 Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.

Thanks again for taking the time to write us.

Kind regards,

Matthew
BMW Motorrad USA
Representative

MAKE LIFE A RIDE.

FEEL EVERYTHING, FEAR NOTHING.
Build your own bike at www.bmwmotorcycles.com.

From another thread on the topic:
Thanks for contacting BMW Motorrad USA regarding the speed limit notices showing in the wrong measurement unit on your motorcycle. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Our BMW Motorrad Connected team is aware of these issues and are currently working to release a fix as soon as possible. I apologize again for the difficulties.

Should you need to contact BMW Motorrad Customer Relations and Services again, you can reach us at 1-800-831-1117 Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.

Thanks again for taking the time to write us.

Kind regards,

Matthew
BMW Motorrad USA
Representative

MAKE LIFE A RIDE.

FEEL EVERYTHING, FEAR NOTHING.
Build your own bike at www.bmwmotorcycles.com.
Cheers mate.

Back