Warning code

When scrolling thru the menu on the speedo I noticed warn code 1! What does this mean? Just got the bike Saturday. Sorry if this is a dumb question...

Could you attach a photo? Confirm the warning as described below. The “1” could just indicate the number of warnings or that it’s the first warning. And don’t sweat it too much, the reserve fuel indicator comes up as a warning

FE9285ED-B285-4E6A-9A53-14ACD24DD31A.png

My R18 also showed the "wrench" indicating service was due before it actually was. And now it's giving a warning with the "bulb" icon, indicating that there is one or more issues with the lighting system. But everything works as expected. I'm not loosing sleep over it, other than that I would like to know how to cancel the warnings. As an example, I will be doing my own maintenance on my R18. So I would like to be able to reset that damned thing MYSELF, rather than having to ask a dealership to do it, at which time they'll wonder why I didn't pay them to do the service. Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

My R18 also showed the "wrench" indicating service was due before it actually was. And now it's giving a warning with the "bulb" icon, indicating that there is one or more issues with the lighting system. But everything works as expected. I'm not loosing sleep over it, other than that I would like to know how to cancel the warnings. As an example, I will be doing my own maintenance on my R18. So I would like to be able to reset that damned thing MYSELF, rather than having to ask a dealership to do it, at which time they'll wonder why I didn't pay them to do the service. Grrrrrrrrrrrr...
Could be the new horn?

Could be the new horn?
Good guess, but nope! I have been doing some electrical test that might have "pissed off" the bike's onboard diagnostics and resulted in the warning. But the warning indicator was already showing before the new horn had even shown up in the mail.

Doing "electrical" tests? Ruh Roh Rorge.
Yeah. But that's what it takes to make non-OEM stuff work with a bike that comes with no shop manual or wiring schematic AND it uses the rear turn signals as signals, running lights and brake light. You guys are gonna love it when it's done and available to use on the R18. The following is what we did for the Indian Thunderstroke series.

Yeah. But that's what it takes to make non-OEM stuff work with a bike that comes with no shop manual or wiring schematic AND it uses the rear turn signals as signals, running lights and brake light. You guys are gonna love it when it's done and available to use on the R18. The following is what we did for the Indian Thunderstroke series.

Literally opening roads behind your back. Thanks. I’ll hope the product could be quickly on the market. Congratulations Mucker

Nice video, thank you. It's nice to have a face/voice with the name. If you haven't, or maybe once it's available, you need to start new thread with this product and links, etc.

Thanks. I will be as well. Bet we can’t reset that ourselves...
The wrench is the service reminder.
It can be rest with the GS 911, once the updated software code is available.
Downloaded the scan from the bike and sent it to HexCode for input.
It may be possible to clear fault codes even with present software.
If a fault code shows up on mine I will post if I was able to clear it go not.

The wrench is the service reminder.
It can be rest with the GS 911, once the updated software code is available.
Downloaded the scan from the bike and sent it to HexCode for input.
It may be possible to clear fault codes even with present software.
If a fault code shows up on mine I will post if I was able to clear it go not.
Thanks

I have had the GS 911 for a few years now, bought it for use on the K1600B.
Connected it to the R18 this week, ran the diagnostic scan.
Showed 3 faults, detected during the tail light brake light modifications.
Cleared the faults, no problem.
Most of the functionality of the Canbus is the same on the K-B as the R18, the GS 911 just does not know what the R18 is.
HexCode is wotking on it and I am sure they are very anxious to get the R18 compatible software out, $$$$$$ for their bottom line.
Same as the local BMV, therefore the model is designated "Unknown" on the title.

Last edited:
Back