Washington R18TC

Traded in a 2016 K1600GT for a Transcontinental First Edition. It is my daily driver and I can’t wait to long haul this thing.

My only problem that I have had, besides peg dragging, is inability to increase volume on my headset. I think it’s a lack of proper functionality between my phone, the bike and the headset.

Has anyone had this problem?

Traded in a 2016 K1600GT for a Transcontinental First Edition. It is my daily driver and I can’t wait to long haul this thing.

My only problem that I have had, besides peg dragging, is inability to increase volume on my headset. I think it’s a lack of proper functionality between my phone, the bike and the headset.

Has anyone had this problem?
Congrats! Regarding the headset volume - after the phone has connected to the bike, try putting the phone’s volume up to max and see if the headset volume increases. If it does then you can lower the phone volume if needed.

I think your headset has to be at least bluetooth 4.0 for the volume control to work. Maybe a firmware update on your headset or a newer model headset?
I am using a Schuberth C3 pro with the SRC com system. The only way I can change my volume is to use the buttons on the headset. I plan on updating my coms over the winter.

Congrats on the First Edition, I bought the exact same bike.

Congrats and welcome, very interested in your comparison of the R18 and the K16. Personally I was very disappointed with the K1600B.

Curious as to what you didn’t like about the K1600B?
Two main reasons, the bikes rear was unstable in dirty air especially on the interstate around semi’s and heavy difficult handling in curves particularly sharp mountain winding road areas.975807DA-AB11-46E7-9335-BE25E71FCA12.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome, very interested in your comparison of the R18 and the K16. Personally I was very disappointed with the K1600B.
R1200RT with 80,000 miles.
Have both the K1600B and the R18.
Bought the first K1600B sold by the dealer, have over 40,000 miles on it.
Put a deposit on the R18 in Nov 2019 picked it up Oct 2020, currently 2,500 miles. Have made a couple 300+ mile days with it.
Most of the time has been spent in the hangar making custom parts for it, seat, rear fender etc.was purchased with this in mind.
Compared to the K1600B and the R1200RT the R18 is a great around town bike.
For distance travel, the R18 does not hold a candle to the K1600B.
By the way gave my Harley FXR with 250,000+ miles to my son in 2016, he is still riding today, the Ducati is currently in a collection in Columbus, OH.
CIMG0127.JPGDevils Tower copy.jpgComplete2.JPGharleysunrise.JPG

Interesting, I thought it was just the Grand America that had the stability issues because of its top case.
Absolutely not, the B was horrible. BMW had a reason for speed limiting those bikes. I wanted to like the K1600B it looked awesome and the engine was fantastic but those attributes could not overcome the flaws.

Sounds like the major problem was a loose nut behind the wheel.
The GA was speed limited not the B.
The R18 is a turtle compared to the K1600B.
No need to be speed limit the R18 since it tops out at about 110mph.
I like the R18 but for around town riding, there is no way I would prefer it over the K1600B for an actual road trip, having both of them sitting next to each other in rhe hangar, I do have the choice.

Last edited:
The GA was speed limited.
I like the R18 but for around town riding, there is no way I would prefer it over the K1600B for an actual road trip.
I know the Grand America is speed-limited to 101 mph, but I didn’t know there was a restriction on the B. I’ve heard folks say they’ve been 130+ mph on the B.

I know the Grand America is speed-limited to 101 mph, but I didn’t know there was a restriction on the B. I’ve heard folks say they’ve been 130+ mph on the B.
I have had mine at 135mph+ passing semis, "stable as a rock" on the two lane road Hwy 212 from Alzada Montana to Belle Fourche, SD just after the Devils Tower picture was taken. The Harley picture was taken in 2003 at sunrise at Devils Canyon between Moab and Blanding, Utah.
And here we are at Calderwood overlook, Hwy 129 better known now as the Dragon. Have been riding this road since the time Dennis Wilson and James Taylor drove it in a 1955 Chevy going after Warren Oates.
Note the dates on the pictures of the K1600B, I have a few miles and different roads for comparison sake.

IMG_0936.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like the major problem was a loose nut behind the wheel.
The GA was speed limited not the B.
No need to be speed limit the R18 since it tops out at about 110mph.
I like the R18 but for around town riding, there is no way I would prefer it over the K1600B for an actual road trip, having both of them sitting next to each other in rhe hangar, I do have the choice.
The K1600B is limited to 130mph

The K1600B is limited to 130mph
But you were afraid to pass semis on the interstate, how would you know?
And the R18 tops out at around 110-115mph, just runs out of breath.
Have you ever heard of Bren Tune weedhopper.
All Bullshitting aside, I have ridden both of mine, Have you?

And for those who might be interested, Bren Tune is currently working on, if not completed, a remap for the R18s.
No way connected with Bren Tune, just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
Back