well it is time...pass time

motoring

Don't recall if I dropped by this section prior but it is time. My new R18 is being picked up today and, due to TS hanging out near Havana I think it best I stay home for a few days down here in Florida. Sadly, though good for me, my brother can pick up my bike for me in Blairsville GA on Monday. It is a cell phone image but looking forward to riding her. Now I just have to live with my brother, a Harley man, being the first to ride my new bike. The irony...

Also...that bmw cell phone holder that goes on the tank. I just felt the back of it and it seems to me it would scratch the dickens out of the tank finish. Anyone have one and have that issue or might you have put some clear plastic protection on that tank area??
Darn, now I need to try to find the tread of the buy that told me what product to by on Amazon lol.
ty

1664032395595.png

Last edited:
Congratulations, finally!

I agree with you completely. It would scratch the heck out of the paint.
I ran the right frame bag for a brief time, 3 rides... maybe totaling 7-8 hundred miles.
1664039548123.png
The paint showed a lot of scratches... I was furious at myself for not checking after the first ride.
I ended up having PPF put on the bike. Ran it once after that. The film did it's job but I still didn't feel like risking damage so I stopped running it completely.

OK so it was a long eight hour ride home from Georgia so I will forgive myself. When I started her up, she sure did kick to the left more so than I was almost ready for I have save it is pretty in the sun

Attachments

• 90C42A98-A005-49F8-A4B4-56049D23FABA.jpeg
    90C42A98-A005-49F8-A4B4-56049D23FABA.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 14
I read your post as you rode the R18 8 hours to get home 😂
That would have been a long initial ride on my r18 :)
No, was up in GA at rv resort then over to waynesville for bmwra rally...in an suv with two doggies (they have needs you know).

Do to mix up bike was eventually delivered directly to FL at neighbors house/garage. This all while hurricane LAN was doing its thing on the south west cost of Florida down in Ft Myers area (delivery was up north in crystal river area).

Back