What are you plugging into the Powerlets?

adamchandler

On the Bagger / TC, there’s a powerlet under my left leg and another on the fairing on the left side near the handlebars. I was thinking of running a USB cable from the left powerlet and something thin enough to sneak into my left saddlebag and then charge my USB PowerBank during the day on the road but that saddlebag closes pretty tight so I might not be able to get a cable there.

Second would be a USB on the fairing upper piece to hook up a RAM CLAW that holds a Garmin Zumo for navigation powered via USB.

Anyone charging off these two ports? Want to post a photo of your setup or links to what you are running?

Here’s an example - Powerlet (PAC-072-06) Powerlet Straight Plug to SAE 6" Battery Charging Cable https://a.co/d/ihThlzh

I could run that on the left side leg Powerlet into the saddlebag if I get one that’s like 2 feet long then I have an SAE to Dual USB plug already I could use. That might be thin enough to work.

For the Powerlet on the Fairing, I’d love something flush but that probably doesn’t exist…just not enough space so I’m thinking of this one

Cliff Top 4.6 Amp DIN Hella Powerlet Plug to Dual USB Charger Adapter, Compatible with BMW, Ducati, Triumph Motorcycle, iPhone, and GPS SatNav (Short Angled) https://a.co/d/bgjdoYq

to give me 2 USB ports near the handle bars.

There's another powerlet in the topcase. That's where you want charge battery packs. I use this Optimate with two USB ports which sits about as flush as you can get. This is an older version; I'm going to look for a fas charge USB C version.
20220804_155748.jpg

Thanks for the photo and I TOTALLY forgot I had a Powerlet on the top box. Question is, does mine work since my Top box isn’t OEM but a retrofit. I have a USB DIN adapter on my GS so I’ll throw it on and test it.

I’ve looked at all kind of options tonight I think I’m better off keeping my iPhone in the little tray hooked up to power and then going with a Garmin mount for the Zumo XT + USB to Micro USB via a Powerlet on the front fairing and having the Zumo there for road trips then, like you said, charging my power banks while I ride.

Planning a LONG trip in September and just looking to get everything squared away before I blink and it’s September already.

Back