What Battery for my 2021 R18 FE?

Calboy

I've been trying to find info on the web but for a reason or another I couldn't find anything at all.
What will be my best bet?

If you have a bad battery I believe BMW will replace it free for at least the first year.

Not sure about the google search comment, but if any help these popped up using ETX30. That model name is used by BMW and some other companies batteries when "cross referencing". There are batteries from Anti Gravity, XXP, Odyssey, Harley Branded and many others with AGM or Lithium construction.

I have a seven years extended warranty with 0 deductible. Would the battery be covered as well?

I may be completely wrong, but I believe a battery is considered a consumable so that would depend if any items are listed as excluded (or not), in a warranty or extended service contract.

Common "consumable" items not covered on vehicles are tires, brakes, wiper blades, filters, fluids, etc., etc. I haven't had a battery go bad early on any of my vehicles from motorcycles to farm tractors, but from posts shared in a variety of various vehicle types forums and reading my own warranty information an OEM and/or Dealer will step up if there is a manufacturer defect, but after a set time line pro rating kicks in and/or it's on you depending on circumstances. The process for coverage from a manufacturer would be much like the recent forum discussion reference odd and premature wear on a Michelin tire that was replaced after the dealer provided details to Michelin. I would just check your paperwork as it isn't anything that would be buried in the fine print or check with the shop next time you are there.

Back