What did you do to your R18 today?

Left side valves adjusted. Just washed the valve cover gasket. Reassembling and starting on the right side as soon as the reply button is pressed.

Edit/update:

Pre-adjustment, the right cylinder was quite noisy and I expected a bunch of slop on the valve. Started with the left cylinder, finished with the right.

Dunno what I did to the left, but somehow my left exhaust valve adjustment was way off. Had to double back and re-adjust. Didn't rotate the engine/cam lobe over and double check before closing the head back up...should have know better. Somehow ended up around to .40mm on the exhaust side. Honestly only added 10 mins to the whole process.

.2-.3mm....I went with .23mm.

Attachments

• 20240513_160836.jpg
    20240513_160836.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well this afternoon I took my flapper servo off and while I was under there grubbing about decided to lockwire them open, the springs on both seemed fine, quite strong and the full range of movement on both flappers was smooth, nothing to suggest anything untoward going on inside the pipe. I lockwired because I don’t know whether they would ‘flutter’ at all especially on full throttle so thought……may as well. I’m just waiting on my (2) Healtech modules to arrive in the post. Then I will MacGyver something to hang the modules on and tie them securely out of harms way.

Tell you what from day one I’ve been very impressed with the build on this bike, and whilst looking under the belly of it I can see all the frame welding is lovely underneath with no splatter or rough bits and let’s be honest no one is ever going to see any of this. So too the frame paint, thick, glossy and all the wires neatly tucked away. Will update when the modules are fitted and fingers crossed no issues 👍

IMG_1711.jpegIMG_1713.jpeg

276 km just to confirm a couple of things: 1) easy distance for the Weekender Seat with its backrest. Not pain or discomfort at all. 2) The OEM “tallest” windshield doesn’t work, even with an integral helmet (BMW Airoh). I’m 180cm (6’) tall and the buffeting starts on 120 km/h. One more thing: 240 km until put fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_9263.jpeg
    IMG_9263.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
I have never liked spoked wheels. To my eyes, the 6 spoke mag is very attractive. Would have purchased the RSD chrome wheels but they are only available in 7 spoke. The 6 spoke BMW option 719 has much better symmetry.
front wheel 719.jpg

I have never liked spoked wheels. To my eyes, the 6 spoke mag is very attractive. Would have purchased the RSD chrome wheels but they are only available in 7 spoke. The 6 spoke BMW option 719 has much better symmetry.
View attachment 14450
I've been kind of wondering but not really looking for spoked wheel options for the R18C. I see that there is a rear mag out there but yet to see any options for the 16" front?

Completed the installation of my two Healtech modules. After a bit of head scratching made up a couple of hangers from aluminium strip and tie wrapped them securely into place. Decided to cut a sheet of rubber to size and fitted it on top of the modules to hide it all from sight. Looks pretty good I must say. Bit of a fiddle but not hard. Right, road test next. Started it up, no warning light icons 👍, idle jumped around a bit but seemed to settle itself down after a minute or two. Self learning 🤷‍♂️.

IMG_1718.jpegIMG_1720.jpeg

Back