What did you do to your R18 today?

Earlier in the year some BMW folks were using TR as the abbreviation for the Transcontinental, but that has morphed into TC now.

Looks great. I love these bikes and the variations. Curious as to why you chose different ‘blacks’ and not black storm metallic across the board.
Well, no particular “choice,” but with only the tins being BSM, there is a lot of POB (plain old black) on the bike. The cylinders are POB, so that made sense. The rear caliper was also POB, ergo the front … POB. Same with the crossbar to match the handlebars. Other than that, the calipers and the covers had to be high temp rated. My only consideration right now would be to pull (just the engine covers) and have them properly powdercated with a more glossy finish in POB.

Out for an evening ride on my stripped down Classic. BrenTuned, DNA filter, Day rider seat. The combination has made the bike so much more enjoyable. Each component subtle by itself, but together? No complaints on the One Thousand Dollars odd I have had to spend.

Attachments

• BA104368-D689-434D-99F7-9403F20984A3.jpeg
    BA104368-D689-434D-99F7-9403F20984A3.jpeg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 30
Out for an evening ride on my stripped down Classic. BrenTuned, DNA filter, Day rider seat. The combination has made the bike so much more enjoyable. Each component subtle by itself, but together? No complaints on the One Thousand Dollars odd I have had to spend.
I don't see how anyone who even slightly considers themselves a motorcycle enthusiast could not find the R18 (especially outfitted like this) a rolling piece of art history.

I FINALLY picked up my new R18 today. I bought it New Years Eve but was heading to Myrtle Beach the next day for several months and also didn't have room for it in my garage or shed. I told the dealer I would buy and pay for it if he would hold it until mid-May when I returned to Maine and he agreed.

The dealer is over 2 hours away and it was in the low-40s this morning so I decided to pick it up in an open trailer. It wasn't forecast to rain today until 2:00PM so I got there when the dealership opened at 9:00am and was heading home before 10:00am. Sure as He!!, it began to POUR within 15 minutes as I got on I-95 and it continued at least a half hour and all the 18-wheelers threw up lots of dirty water... My new bike got filthy and looked like crap before I even got my first ride on it! What a bummer!!! Looks a lot better now after its first bath. It's not supposed to rain until later tomorrow so I hope to take it out for my maiden voyage.

Weather forecasters!!! Wouldn't you like to have a job where if you get things right 50% of the time, you're considered doing GREAT?!? Whatever...

I FINALLY picked up my new R18 today. I bought it New Years Eve but was heading to Myrtle Beach the next day for several months and also didn't have room for it in my garage or shed. I told the dealer I would buy and pay for it if he would hold it until mid-May when I returned to Maine and he agreed.

The dealer is over 2 hours away and it was in the low-40s this morning so I decided to pick it up in an open trailer. It wasn't forecast to rain today until 2:00PM so I got there when the dealership opened at 9:00am and was heading home before 10:00am. Sure as He!!, it began to POUR within 15 minutes as I got on I-95 and it continued at least a half hour and all the 18-wheelers threw up lots of dirty water... My new bike got filthy and looked like crap before I even got my first ride on it! What a bummer!!! Looks a lot better now after its first bath. It's not supposed to rain until later tomorrow so I hope to take it out for my maiden voyage.

Weather forecasters!!! Wouldn't you like to have a job where if you get things right 50% of the time, you're considered doing GREAT?!? Whatever...
Looks like you already have quite a collection of bikes.

Hit a ball 30% of the time and your an all star.

Ride a TC. Modified and reinforced a cross country seat and mounted it on my TC. Added Wunderlic oil cooler chrome cover. Modified chrome diesel truck exhaust tips and attached to Freedom Performance exhaust. Also have the BugBike cat delete headers. Not impressed with the look of the new headers....But the sound is freeking amazing!!! Only drawback to my exhaust set up is that I must wait to crack the throttle when leaving for work at 6am. BTW I also replaced passenger floorboard pins and c-clips with a stainless steel bolt and locknut as both passenger floor board c-clips failed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220603_130912685_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220603_130912685_HDR.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220603_130925483_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220603_130925483_HDR.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20220531_194521367_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220531_194521367_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back