What did you do to your R18 today?

For anyone who would like to do something similar, I worked with Niko at Portland Waterjet. He was terrific. Told me that I'm the fourth person making custom engine emblems. I did the outer plates (the LV Shtupp ones) in stainless 3/16th inch thick and did the backing plates in aluminum 1/16 inch thick. They can't bevel the screw holes as per the original. The total, sandwiched, is the same thickness as the oem plates. I'll either powercoat or paint the backing plates. I'll post photos when done, but that's the idea.
A simple countersink and you cam bevell the holes yourself. https://www.amazon.com/Countersink-...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Pictures of the muffler end caps Installed 01/17/2021

IMG_9996.jpgIMG_9998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
89CA3EDF-7DF1-4A86-A1AE-2485452B043D.jpegI seem to have no time now I'm retired. Finally got the bobber kit to and back from paint. Nice texture inside. Shiney outside. Just the way I like them.

Attachments

• 9DF906BC-9FDA-4152-A593-F0005DA10E22.jpeg
    9DF906BC-9FDA-4152-A593-F0005DA10E22.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Hit a Rhodesian ridgeback that ran out on me. Happened so quickly you hardly see it. Bike stayed as steady as a rock and hopefully the dog will recover.
Dash cam vid too large to upload but showed I was only doing 26 MPH.

Hit a Rhodesian ridgeback that ran out on me. Happened so quickly you hardly see it. Bike stayed as steady as a rock and hopefully the dog will recover.
Dash cam vid too large to upload but showed I was only doing 26 MPH.
Glad you are okay!

Upload your video to YouTube and provide a link.

Thanks for instructions regarding YouTube links. Hopefully this works. Sadly found out today that the dog passed away 12 hours later. Family very upset but said it was not in any way my fault. I think the video clip bears this out.

Back