What did you do to your R18 today?

So the sissy bar and rack are just awesome.... Bitch to put on.... Definitely the best looking things out there. Classic Wunderlich to make it so attractive to the bike....I highly recommend.
About that stereo, I am also gonna buy one for my R12C.... When the r18 went to production, they had an accessory catalog which showed a handle bar mount stereo in chrome with a bmw logo.... That device was never made available as far as i know. I found the kuryakyn because it was seemingly the same exact unit. Great sound, loud and clear. The mounts they provided worked wonderfully to make a unique look once I got creative with how to attach them to the bars. Highly recommend the stereo. Here are some pics so you can see for yourself. Holds solid, looks great. Performs solid. Always streaming my playlists from Amazon. It's just Bluetooth... So I stream from my phone. Cool thing is it has a USB port to charge my phone so.... MUSIC IS ENDLESS....Again, HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
No issues with it bending down. Does not appear that there is anything other then the two handlebar mounting points to mount it.

Hum…what price. It is so weird, guess options each has their own. The vendor website has some good reviews so it seems then again with reviews on websites one never knows what is true and false :)
Was surprised it did not have FM radio as part of the unit. Guess everyone, some, do XM or Sirus radio from phones now days. Heck I have a CD player on my 05 r1200rt hard to believe now days.
I'd sell it for 200

Used classic first edition copper badges on the fuel tank of my new TC... and changed out the satin cylinder head covers and shields for the chrome ones off a classic first edition... and of course the customized engine plate I had made in France. :)
It just makes sense to me that the cylinder heads be chrome.

Black or grey? And is it a 2720 or a 2719?
It's black. I went to dig it out of my garage cabinet last night, and discovered that I've lost a few bits of the mounting hardware (1 cleat and some bolts), and the owners manual. Must have gotten lost in a recent move. Not sure of the model number now, because of the lost manual. Because of that, I'll take $170 for it. Replacement cleat should be able to be gotten from Kuryakn.

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 18
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 18
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 18
Come on…us ‘true’ bmw riders know…one spec of dust/dirt on our black Beauties is enough for us to want to stop and shine her up. Well, at least if it is an R18 lol

It's black. I went to dig it out of my garage cabinet last night, and discovered that I've lost a few bits of the mounting hardware (1 cleat and some bolts), and the owners manual. Must have gotten lost in a recent move. Not sure of the model number now, because of the lost manual. Because of that, I'll take $170 for it. Replacement cleat should be able to be gotten from Kuryakn.
... sold....

On my R18CLA...

1. Upgraded from stock seat to Day Rider (sold by BMW Motorrad; made by Mustang). Very pleased with the look and comfort. Rode a 300 mile round-trip to Barber Motorsports Park (and Museum) for the MotoAmerica races. The best part was meeting and hanging out one night with all the gals racing in the Royal Enfield BTR circuit. Some cool and fierce ladies.

2. Installed Memphis Shades wind deflectors. That has now solved the buffeting issues. 👌 So much so that I removed the Clearview Shields windscreen in favor of the stock windscreen. Like the stock look over Clearview. (Memphis Shades: Fork Deflectors for XV1900 Roadliner × 1, Ghost / Polished Mount Kit)

3. Removed the pillion seat and pillion pegs. Installed the plastic plugs that BMW Motorrad offers for the pegs and tail.

4. I purchased a tail rack from La Poderosa (Valencia, Spain) but I'll only install it when touring and need a spot for my duffle.

Now, I think "Greta von Fliesen" looks and feels great. Done, at least for a while. 🤙

Attachments

• AF4EE871-822C-4631-915E-442DAE4196BA.jpeg
    AF4EE871-822C-4631-915E-442DAE4196BA.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • A8ECE705-D413-4BDC-ACFD-60FC1E46948A.jpeg
    A8ECE705-D413-4BDC-ACFD-60FC1E46948A.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 4D16DBC2-D0A0-4C9A-84DB-2ECFB3F7F7B9.jpeg
    4D16DBC2-D0A0-4C9A-84DB-2ECFB3F7F7B9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 69
  • B345C6A7-3B6F-42B6-BF0D-BF102611ECDE.jpeg
    B345C6A7-3B6F-42B6-BF0D-BF102611ECDE.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Like the seat!

Might go looking myself into fork deflectors.... Not sure I am keen on the silver brackets.... Would like to have black... Is there a reason you went with the brand you selected?
The seat does looks great. I understand that the Weekender and Cross Country are softer but they are not attractive.

Memphis Shades was recommended by other R18 owners. Those specific parts were also recommended. I don't know if the clamps are available in black, but wouldn't be surprised if they are. Check with manufacturer or their website. What's funny is that for the last 7 years, at least once a week, I rode by their business on my K1200R or S1000R. I thought they made window shades. 😂 I moved away six months ago, get a R18 cruiser, and find out they're in the motorcycle after-market biz. Who knew? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
So the sissy bar and rack are just awesome.... Bitch to put on.... Definitely the best looking things out there. Classic Wunderlich to make it so attractive to the bike....I highly recommend.
About that stereo, I am also gonna buy one for my R12C.... When the r18 went to production, they had an accessory catalog which showed a handle bar mount stereo in chrome with a bmw logo.... That device was never made available as far as i know. I found the kuryakyn because it was seemingly the same exact unit. Great sound, loud and clear. The mounts they provided worked wonderfully to make a unique look once I got creative with how to attach them to the bars. Highly recommend the stereo. Here are some pics so you can see for yourself. Holds solid, looks great. Performs solid. Always streaming my playlists from Amazon. It's just Bluetooth... So I stream from my phone. Cool thing is it has a USB port to charge my phone so.... MUSIC IS ENDLESS....Again, HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
These you mean? Seem to be available now for anyone else looking

Attachments

• 5D0229B2-F63F-4E90-9384-2FFE3544BAF7.png
    5D0229B2-F63F-4E90-9384-2FFE3544BAF7.png
    899.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 9DFFC2D7-2E9B-4BC7-85ED-050AE7F4F80F.png
    9DFFC2D7-2E9B-4BC7-85ED-050AE7F4F80F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Bike looking good in black.
It’s a work in progress but that is the direction I’m going. I’ve been waiting for 6 months now for my rear bobber kit from LMC in Germany. I’m nice that gets installed with the swing/springer seat they’ve already sent me I will begin cerakote plating the chrome items.

Last edited:
Back