What did you do to your R18 today?

But, just wondering what your initial impressions are simply sitting on the seat without riding yet...... seat looks quite firm/hard ?
Actually i think the stock seat is the same firmness as the Homage. The Homage is much wider so I think more comfortable. The seating position for me is much better I am not pushed forward like I was with stock or the mustang. I don‘t feel as crunched up as I did with the other seats. All that is just from sitting on the bike for a few minutes, so it really isn’t worth much. But then again everybody’s body is different and I am not sure what is good for one person is any indication for another. I diffidently set higher off the ground, not sure how much that has to do with the shock or seat or both combined. I did purchase the Wilbers shock that rises the bike an inch. My guess is I am going to like the seat and for longer trips it may need an AirHawk. The solo seat sure is much better looking and in keeping with the nostalgic look of the bike IMO.

I'm not a Sirius satellite radio user in any of my vehicles; I think the DL for Sirius is in the S-Band (2.33GHz) and the US GPS DL is 1.6GHz. Satellite radio in metropolitan areas generally receive their programs via earth based transmitters, vs satellite.

Attached are pictures showing under the fairing and the radio receiver; I couldn't find anything about the radio that BMW uses (Alpine).
Unfortunately I am a Sirius XM radio addict. I have a radio in both cars. Have not purchased a radio for the R18 as I can bluetooth directly from the phone. If I were to live all over again, I would pursue the vocal music route. Depends of course on having raw talent but nevertheless, music heals the innards of a person.

After much gritting and gnashing of teeth, I got the FPE exhaust installed (95% satisfactorily). Can confirm, baffles in = loud, baffles out = obnoxiously awesome. Always thought my R9T sounded a bit like an A10 main gun once I freed up the pipes, but this is on a whole new level of silly 😅

image0.jpeg

Last edited:
Love that license plate... NJ doesn't have motorcycle vanity plates
Yea, Arkansas didn't until probably the past couple of years. Actually originally requested "BOX3R" which was rejected for "can't use numbers as letters" (BOXER was taken). In the end the play on boxer/R18 is better anyway. $25 well spent!!

Funny enough, I had renewed the tags on my R9T in June, had to get a regular tag on the R18 before requesting the vanity in September...... so I currently have 3 valid motorcycle plates with up-to-date tags and one motorcycle :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back