What did you do to your R18 today?

As a new member, reading this thread from start to finish has proven to be very expensive.

💸

But also quite informative.
😂😂😂😂 I now have to do the same. I have never read the thread from the start but I am dead curious now to find out what would possess someone to put a badger inside his pants, unless this is some sort of term used in gambling

*Yesterday (_today_ I worked to pay for a this stuff…)

Installed Wunderlich oil cooler screen, grip puppies, and yellow LaminX on aux lights.

Then rode.

IMG_3524.jpeg

Awaiting delivery: mud flap for front fender, custom license plate frame, and wunderlich shifter replacement.

*Yesterday (_today_ I worked to pay for a this stuff…)

Installed Wunderlich oil cooler screen, grip puppies, and yellow LaminX on aux lights.

Then rode.

View attachment 12613

Awaiting delivery: mud flap for front fender, custom license plate frame, and wunderlich shifter replacement.
I am a tinkerer. I have been customizing Harleys since 1970 and now that I have converted to R18 after retirement, I now have the pleasure to tinker til I die😄 The Road Runners club in Sun City HiltonHead SC is teaching me that I can still ride cross country on two wheels!! Life after retirement is great!!

got a link to your 10 minute gutting procedure?
I think your question was meant for SPR. I didn’t gut my Fishtails. I just cut it shorter about 8” to get rid of the fishtail tip design which also resulted in a desired larger rear opening. Shorter mufflers also gives it more a chopper look!!

Is that a satin finish orange? Beautiful color!

Is the new tire on your bike on the rear? Did you replace it with the same specs? Or did you go wider?
It is Frozen orange - a BMW car colour .... it was done by the dealership

I replaced both tyres with cobra chromes - same spec as was fitted

Today I put a R18B windshield on my R18TC. I am pleased with the result. I can now see over the windshield on undulating roads instead of looking through or over depending on the road surface and no longer have the edge of the windshield flashing up and down before my eyes.
It is not quite as serene behind the Bagger shield but it is tolerable for the benefit of seeing properly. I guess if someone eventually makes a screen about the same height as the bagger with a recurve lip that would be magnificent but until then I am much happier with the shorter screen.
I must admit I prefer the look of the shorter screen over the TC screen.
Also in recent times I put a Garmin XT2 on the left handlebar, not to replace the BMW nav but to supplement it. Tapped into the power for it at the accessory port on the dash, it is switched although if I'm leaving the bike it comes off anyway.
At the same time I did that I installed a TFT screen protector, the BMW one. It always makes me nervous doing things like that because there is a lot of opportunity to screw up but everything went well and I am happy with the result. I believe I am done modifying things for now until my Vance and Hines mufflers get here which are on back order till???
I already did the exhaust flapper mod.

Reactions: SPR
Today I put a R18B windshield on my R18TC. I am pleased with the result. I can now see over the windshield on undulating roads instead of looking through or over depending on the road surface and no longer have the edge of the windshield flashing up and down before my eyes.
It is not quite as serene behind the Bagger shield but it is tolerable for the benefit of seeing properly. I guess if someone eventually makes a screen about the same height as the bagger with a recurve lip that would be magnificent but until then I am much happier with the shorter screen.
I must admit I prefer the look of the shorter screen over the TC screen.
Also in recent times I put a Garmin XT2 on the left handlebar, not to replace the BMW nav but to supplement it. Tapped into the power for it at the accessory port on the dash, it is switched although if I'm leaving the bike it comes off anyway.
At the same time I did that I installed a TFT screen protector, the BMW one. It always makes me nervous doing things like that because there is a lot of opportunity to screw up but everything went well and I am happy with the result. I believe I am done modifying things for now until my Vance and Hines mufflers get here which are on back order till???
I already did the exhaust flapper mod.
I thought the Vance & Hines exhaust were discontinued..?

Avon Cobra Chromes
As I return to my R18 from shopping, this was the first thing I saw. The bike has a sexy rear end!! I’m glad that I moved the license plate to the side and signal lights to the fender which enhances the thick rear tire. The 180mm rear tire really looks good and I should leave well alone. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_2676.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 34
Back