What did you do to your R18 today?

Wonder if they still offer the lower bracket rather than the one which sits the bag higher up now ?
Unit Garage has both options. The lower bracket was designed for the R18 w straight pipes and the higher bracket was designed with fishtail pipes. My concern w the higher bracket is that the top of the bag would sit higher than the passenger pylon seat. Unit Garage assured me that it is the appropriate bracket for me.

Last edited:
I intended to get my screen tinted, but the local shop told me regular tint won’t hold on poly or non-glass applications. Guy on Facebook had his screen tinted with the film they use for taillights. Looks awesome. Now I have to chase down someone who does this nearby.
My problem is I sit behind and look through the screen so that option is out for me :D

Unit Garage has both options. The lower bracket was designed for the R18 w straight pipes and the higher bracket was designed with fishtail pipes. My concern w the higher bracket is that the top of the bag would sit higher than the passenger pylon seat. Unit Garage assured me that it is the appropriate bracket for me.
Cheers

My problem is I sit behind and look through the screen so that option is out for me :D
I’m tall AF so no worries on my end.
I did buy the tinted “wind deflector” which is a way cut down screen, but love the look of the tinted stock screen, which I assume will be more effective when out on bigger trips than the little wind deflector.

Not the complete picture.... the higher bracket (for the fish tail exhausts) was changed sometime in 2023 to lift the bag for even more clearance (my deduction). I ordered my "fish tail" bracket around May 23 and the same product number now is a bracket that holds the bag higher (as per your pictures). I would contact them to see if the previous bracket is still obtainable..... if looking for the low rear look.... attached picture is the fishtail bracket I got in may.

918406225_20231025_135959_3887412.jpg

I thought this rear photo might help.......

-312987635_20231201_145434_1641022.jpg

If one takes the plastic liner thing out of the bag, it sags a bit and touches the exhaust.... I've trimmed my liner so the bag can fold flatter at the top.... but kept the bottom half full for this reason.

Last edited:
After extensive research and your response, I’ve decided that Unit Garage bag, part no. U002+3401, fits my chopper style R18 the best. I didn’t realized that the Italian bag was so expensive!! I need to determine if sending a bank certified check or a bank electronic transfer is best for overseas payments. Any thoughts?
I just pay by credit card.... we order a bit of stuff from overseas and travel a bit (I"m Australian)... so a credit card with good purchase protection and competitive exchange rate is well used....

Introduced my R18 to a naked road or two. It was fun and quite capable. Now, to buy another one and turn into a flat tracker..... that would be fun.... up until the wife found out.... then I'd probally be living in the bush.... so the bike would be usefull.... mmm

20240119_142808.jpg
20240119_145638.jpg

Last edited:
Brought the handlebars back two inches, huge improvement. I could only find chrome, but for $30 I can live with with the looks.

Attachments

• 287CCDA2-F27A-47CE-BEEF-7B79ECC29BC6.jpeg
    287CCDA2-F27A-47CE-BEEF-7B79ECC29BC6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 47804E72-0DFA-46E6-9BED-94B53C9BF988.jpeg
    47804E72-0DFA-46E6-9BED-94B53C9BF988.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Something that bugged me about Uschi since the beginning were the turn signals. Everything about her is nice and round .. except these turn signals ...
R18_OEM_Blinker.jpg
But way back I saw in the 'Configurator' these
OEM_Option.png
But it seems they are made from 'Unoptanium' can't find them and if, then the folks couldn't tell me if they were chrome or black .. but they did tell me that they are $380 ... sigh
So I ran across these ... Kellermann / Kuryakyn Bullet '1000'

Kuryakyn.jpg

Satin Black, smoke lense.
... and this weekend I had the muse to pound out a couple of brackets for it ... I think I like it ;)
BlikerBracket01.jpg

BlikerBracket02.jpg

BlikerBracket03.jpg

My 2021 Classic FE with:
Rsd breastplate
Rsd cylinder strips
Rsd chrome wheels
Rsd black exhaust tips
BMW leg rests
BMW windshield bag
Wunderlich sissy bar
Wunderlich luggage rack
Wunderlich passenger seat upgrade
Taller windshield (I'm 6ft 3)
Wunderlich tool bag
Qi charger on handlebars
Recently took her from FL to Sturgis for a 6k Mike ride.
Love it as much as my R12C!
Are those wheels bot 16" front and rear still? Didn't see any custom wheels that will fit the front unless they are interchangeable???

Nice! Plug and play?
Yes ... the internal Resistance/Wattage/Amperage or whatever the ECU is measuring appear to be the same spec as the OEM BMW ones.
I did have to cut the plugs off and solder the wires together ... easy
... by the way now I am looking for the Kellermann/Kuryakyn Bullet '1000' in Red/Red for US style rear running / turn-brake lights.
I can only find some base mount ones like this:
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 13.05.58.pngScreenshot 2024-01-22 at 13.09.20.png

But I need a 'Stem Mount' like this:

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 13.05.46.png

If anybody has a lead ... let me know ... I checked RevZilla and they are out of stock ... so that style must exist ;)

Back