• Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
  • A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to your R18 today?

  • <i class="fa--xf fal fa-check "><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" role="img" aria-hidden="true" ><use href="/data/local/icons/light.svg?v=1791081245#check"></use></svg></i> Discussion starter Discussion starter TodkaVonic
  • Start date Start date
Yes, best to not take me too seriously.

Anyway to today's activity, tank badges arrived. They are sorta the silver/grey motor colour, plan was to polished the "raised bits".... took a while but got there..... before and after doing the 1st one.

View attachment 22668

After doing those I moved onto the next bright idea I had and thought I move the ones I previously had on the tank down to the cylinder covers.... taped one on as per below:

View attachment 22669


Anyway, turned out that was a bad (dull?) idea. I stuffed one of the cylinder cover trims (bad Dremel!) and will never speak of it again. I blame myself for not wearing my lucky fluffy sleaved top.

For some reason I like the trims.... so off to a china shop I go.
Will look brilliant when completed. I’m getting mine powder coated Gloss Black then getting them engraved with either an inner circle and cross (No ‘BMW’) or with inner circle then ‘Final Edition’…
Opinions would be nice on which one.
 
Will look brilliant when completed. I’m getting mine powder coated Gloss Black then getting them engraved with either an inner circle and cross (No ‘BMW’) or with inner circle then ‘Final Edition’…
Opinions would be nice on which one.
Haha... for some silly reason I thought mine was polished aluminium but was aluminium that had been chromed (so thin copper deposit than the chrome... sorta obvious in hindsight), so after "enlarging" the circle (50mm ish) to take the 60mm tank size emblem I couldn't get the finished back to good enough. Generally, I know what looks right after I've done it but sometimes I go one step to far but normally have a step back plan just in case.... this time it's a $250 back step... in the end I've spent about $1k with the carbon and tube fetish so not the end of the world.

Inner cycle and cross..... but what would I know! Or.... since your WA based..... Swan to face forwards on both sides...

download-9.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top