What did you do to your R18C today?

D

Deleted member 939

IMG_0218-2.jpg
DNA airbox cover.I put in a K&N filter and ordered this from Greece.Got here pretty fast.$65.90 shipped (the 57.97 is euro)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0084.JPG
Posted before but though I would start a R18C specific thread.

IMG_4925.jpeg

I picked up this BMW side bag to carry a few essentials. I'm not sure I like covering up the shaft drive side. I really wish they had made it fit the brake side of the bike.

IMG_4926.jpegIMG_4927.jpeg

I also picked up these RSD grips. I really like the look of them but I thought the end-cap would be removable to accommodate retaining the bar-end weights. This kind of screws up my bar-end mirror setup.

IMG_4882.jpeg

IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0220.JPGIMG_0222.JPG
Installed the new DNA cover.
CAUTION: When removing the oem top cover.
3 of the brass bosses came out when I removed the oem cover.
FIX:use the original black screws and use as pictured to insatll the boss then remove the screw.I used a little lite oil to insert the boss.Torque but don't over torque.STOP when snug.
Hope that helps.
Look at the U shape on the filter where the air filter picked up some dirt.Not enough to clean now but I will at 20,000.The open airbox should give a little more sound.I am changing oil & plugs today.Ride tomorrow.80s this week. I'm glad winter is almpost over.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the Wunderlich R18 Lowered Footpegs, been thinking about it for some time, but the price held me off.. didn't see any reviews so figured I'd take the leap. 'Very' nicely made, finished, etc.. great fit, tight tolerance. (came with grease, two snap ring clips, installed in about 30 seconds).

I really like the initial feel, will ride in next few days, when it gets over freezing. only possible cons i can imagine may be heels are a little closer to the pipes and the kickstand. will update if i have any further comments.

Updated 3/7/2022 - got some miles in today on the Wunderlich lowered footpegs, I'm very pleased with them in all respects, lowered foot placement and what that brings. Toe shifting is perfectly natural, didn't have to adjust shifter at all. the platform is nice, like a short floorboard under heel. I am super-satisfied with these footpegs.

Attachments

• Wunderlich_R18_Footpegs_LH_Post.jpg
    Wunderlich_R18_Footpegs_LH_Post.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 54
  • Wunderlich_R18_Footpegs_TopDown_Post.jpg
    Wunderlich_R18_Footpegs_TopDown_Post.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Wunderlich_R18_Footpegs_LH1_Post.jpg
    Wunderlich_R18_Footpegs_LH1_Post.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I installed the Wunderlich R18 Lowered Footpegs, been thinking about it for some time, but the price held me off.. didn't see any reviews so figured I'd take the leap. 'Very' nicely made, finished, etc.. great fit, tight tolerance. (came with grease, two snap ring clips, installed in about 30 seconds).

I really like the initial feel, will ride in next few days, when it gets over freezing. only possible cons i can imagine may be heels are a little closer to the pipes and the kickstand. will update if i have any further comments.
Actually,there is quite a bit of space between the exhaust pipe and the heat shield where the footpegs are.Afyer riding the other day I touched that area and its not hot.
Looks nice btw.

I imagine the most likely down side is reduced lean angle. The R18 isn’t as bad as many reviews said early on, especially as they didn’t set the preload correctly. But, you may be more likely to hit the feelers with the lowered pegs.

I imagine the most likely down side is reduced lean angle. The R18 isn’t as bad as many reviews said early on, especially as they didn’t set the preload correctly. But, you may be more likely to hit the feelers with the lowered pegs.
Yup! that was another reason I procrastinated to get them, but on further examination I determined that the bottom of the platform is about the same level as the bottom of the peg, so reduced thickness buys the lower position. Although the platform is a bit longer than the peg, the thickness at the end is reduced so maintaining clearance. I believe the clearance is about the same as the footpegs without the feelers. I've been riding an R12C for years and have adjusted to some reduced cornering clearance, in almost 5k miles on the R18 I've not dragged yet, so hoping that trend will help me keep them off the ground.

That's a really nice way to effectively lower them. I assume the design doesn't have feelers?

Despite many spirited curvy road rides, I've only dragged on my R18 Classic once since I got it and that was in a large roundabout. It's still a big bike and not as quick to turn as my other bikes, so that probably contributes, but it was the best handling of all the big cruisers I test rode.

That's a really nice way to effectively lower them. I assume the design doesn't have feelers?

Despite many spirited curvy road rides, I've only dragged on my R18 Classic once since I got it and that was in a large roundabout. It's still a big bike and not as quick to turn as my other bikes, so that probably contributes, but it was the best handling of all the big cruisers I test rode.
Correct, no feelers on the Wunderlich Pedals, the bottom is smooth perfect high-quality chrome, they really are magnificent pieces to behold. There is a black option, looks very nice too.

Last edited:
Back