What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting?

I have a 2022 R18 TC. . When I fill-up , my fuel indicator always says i have between 179 to 185 miles. I have changed it back and forth from Rock to Roll to see if it changes at fill-up but it hasn’t. BMW states I should be getting at 40mpg which would put me over 200mpg. Am I missing something??

Mmm, I am getting between 57 to 64mpg. The bike is a Bagger and mainly ridden on Roll. I tend to change gears by ear rather than long shifting. The TC is not that different to the B in terms of weight.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
I just had a look at the bike and I have a bit under half tank and the range is 129 mls. I had the bike straight up just in case. I have seen the range in the 270mls zone when filled to the top.

I have a 2022 R18 TC. . When I fill-up , my fuel indicator always says i have between 179 to 185 miles. I have changed it back and forth from Rock to Roll to see if it changes at fill-up but it hasn’t. BMW states I should be getting at 40mpg which would put me over 200mpg. Am I missing something??
I'm getting 48mpg

I get an average of 53 mpg. Never less than 47 mpg if I’m enjoying the throttle. In 6th gear at 60mph and with a warm engine after zeroing the average MPG on the thumb switch menu it reads 70 mpg. So this 1800cc baby does go easy on the fuel. I guess as with all larger engines try to avoid traffic and stop start situations. I hope this helps.

It would be interesting of someone tested the mileage with a) 91 octane no alcohol vs b) 87 octane 10% corn.
I have and my results were very poor M.P.G. over numerous back to back tankfuls in various parts of the country offering "proper" v. crap blends due to individual mandates.

BobW,
Do you have shareable numbers for mpg using 87 with corn compared with 91 no corn?
This is becoming an oil thread. The variables are tremendous, but I did write up details after my first cross country ride on my R18 that was well broken in, consistently ridden while covering 400-600 miles a day with multiple fill ups and doing the math each time saw lows in the low 30s and highs in upper 40s to 50 M.P.G.

As always YRMV

Cheers

Back