What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting?

Here in Europe we have choice between 95 and 98, both now with some ethanol in it, 10% For E10, and 5% for E 5.
I usually use 95 E5 for my bikes.
For my bigger cars with big V8, I use E85, with 85% ethanol, with no harm even if they are not badged "Flex fuel".
E85 (octane 104) is way cheaper here (0.65 € per liter (2.96 $ per gallon) versus 1.50 € per liter of 98 ( 6.84 $ per gallon ! ).

Last edited:
Whatever passes as "premium" here and often with no ethanol. In Tennessee most gas stations sell the usual 10% ethanol choices, but there are stations with "100% gasoline", typically with three octane levels to choose from. I won't put anything with more than 10% ethanol in it.

Now have 5000 on the odometer. Using 91 octane. Got 45 the first 1000 miles and steadily getting better. Now getting close to 50mpg with every tank. Reserve fuel light comes on at about 145 miles

I just got my bike, 2023 R18 TC, and I’ve only been on one long ride, about 90 miles and about 40 miles of driving through small towns. The computer is reporting 43mpg.

I just got my bike, 2023 R18 TC, and I’ve only been on one long ride, about 90 miles and about 40 miles of driving through small towns. The computer is reporting 43mpg.
Keep stretching her legs for a proper break in and the M.P.G. should increase along with noticeable smoother running and a nicer exhaust note too. After approximately 3000-4000 miles mine was objectively noticeably better in all categories and continued to improve to 9,000 ish miles much like "old" BMW engines used to.

My observations on the biggest impacts to my mileage have been consistently repeatable, but certainly YRMV. I'm not sure if your TC has better drag factors, but my Classic is as aerodynamic as a sheet of plywood and sustained speeds of 80+ sees significant drops in mileage, but flogging it has little difference v. "Driving Miss Daisy" mode and while many states have "good" petrol others have pathetic blends that gave very poor mileage (easily a loss of 10 M.P.G.). Bottom line, I'm approaching 18K on my R18, weigh 250 LBS and have taken her around the lower 48 and over a bunch of miles on our local mountain roads and outside the "problem" circumstances I described I count on 48-50 M.P.G. and 99% of the time in Rock mode.

My TC in Rock mode gets 44.7mpg on freeway at 65-70 mph mix speeds with slight uphill and downhill terrain but mostly flat and straight away road.

In twisties my speed mostly under 40-45mph I get 46.8mpg...

Keep stretching her legs for a proper break in and the M.P.G. should increase along with noticeable smoother running and a nicer exhaust note too. After approximately 3000-4000 miles mine was objectively noticeably better in all categories and continued to improve to 9,000 ish miles much like "old" BMW engines used to.

My observations on the biggest impacts to my mileage have been consistently repeatable, but certainly YRMV. I'm not sure if your TC has better drag factors, but my Classic is as aerodynamic as a sheet of plywood and sustained speeds of 80+ sees significant drops in mileage, but flogging it has little difference v. "Driving Miss Daisy" mode and while many states have "good" petrol others have pathetic blends that gave very poor mileage (easily a loss of 10 M.P.G.). Bottom line, I'm approaching 18K on my R18, weigh 250 LBS and have taken her around the lower 48 and over a bunch of miles on our local mountain roads and outside the "problem" circumstances I described I count on 48-50 M.P.G. and 99% of the time in Rock mode.
I think the R18 Classic with 2400 miles that I traded in was getting around 50 Mpg during my normal trips in Rock mode in the countryside. I expect the TC will get better.

Back