What malevolent sadist designed the Pure R18 FE seat?!?

I have not removed the stock seat on my TC yet. Is it a simple task or a long sequence of steps?

I'm going with a gel insert first just to keep the lines of the original seat. I've looked at You Tube tutorials and I think I can manage it if I'm careful. If that fails, onto the Day Rider.

Please post photos and let us know how it works out for comfort. I really like the look of the OEM seat and would prefer to keep it looking stock. Thanks in advance.

I found the removal of the TC seat is covered in the manual, 'Operations' section, 'Removing seat', includes illustrations to help.
I changed the seat on my TC, it entailed removing the backrest panel from the top-case to get good access to the screw at the rear of the seat, there are 4 screws inside the top-case that hold the backrest. After remove the screw at back of seat, pull the strap through, disconnect the plug. hope this helps.

Manual online at following link, open the Heritage section

R 18 Transcontinental 0L41 EUR
R 18 Transcontinental 0L43 USA

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you have to squeeze something to release the plug.
Attaching a shot of the socket on my old seat, you can see one of the ears that it's grabbing, might help to zero in on just where to squeeze.

2022BMWR18TC_SeatPlug_001.jpg

Last edited:
Back