Where is the day/night sensor on the R18?

adamchandler

I'm configuring new Clearwater lights and my bagger doesn't have any clear indication where I cover with a piece of tape to trigger 'night mode' so I can configure the lights for day and night time intensity? Alternatively, I can just do it at night :)

I'm not sure that there is one for the bike lights? There might be something for the TFT screen when in direct sunlight or while riding after dark; but haven't noticed anything in terms of Day/Night mode?

I'm configuring new Clearwater lights and my bagger doesn't have any clear indication where I cover with a piece of tape to trigger 'night mode' so I can configure the lights for day and night time intensity? Alternatively, I can just do it at night :)
My experience with the two mode lights is with ezycan where one can change it anytime. Does it really have to be night to change the programming with the canopener? Or do you just want to see what it looks like in the daytime on night mode…lol

Busy day so I don't feel like explaining it. Clearwater has a day and night mode. my brake light from them is two different intensities running & activated on day & night time and it's a button-bonanza of work to enter the configuration mode. same for the front facing lights. they're brighter @ night time. So like my GS, you can cover up a piece of plastic and it thinks its dark out but it's not clear to me where that is on the bike.

This is what I'm taking about with button bonanza. it's a pain in the ass. but If I have to wait until night time to during my brake light down, I'll do that.

Ok. Just different I guess. With the ezycan you program via usb and a computer. Just plug in the intensity you want for night and the intensity for day. It adjusts with the bike sensor automatically. There is also a modulation mode. Obviously you can change it on the fly as well. Seems weird you have to cover the sensor to set it.

Fwiw I run brighter in the day. Too much light for nighttime

Gl!

Back