Who’s gonna try it?

Hmmm....interesting.

I think I'll bite, if nothing else, the seat pan alone could serve as a donor for better leather/foam material down the road, so I don't cannibalize my OEM seat.

Mike

Yup.

I think they're sending it via rowboat. 🤣

Mike
Just checked. Tracking number sent me to an Italian shipping site stating they didn't have any update on my status.

Given that it's likely "chinesium" and I literally, only paid $198.00, no S&H or tax, I'm pretty sure I got the "media mail" equivalent of whatever worldwide shipping is.

And no, I didn't have any other S&H options BTW.

Mike

Just my 2¢ ... I have bought a few parts off Ali ... yes, it took a loooooong time to arrive, but I was very happy with what I received ... I really hope you will be as well.
I've purchased quite a few electronic items off AliExpress before with no issues. CC Rider isn't AliExpress though, but pretty sure they work out of the same general location in China (the shops, at least).

Mike

Got the seat from the "rowboat express".

Initial impressions: Not bad for $198 bucks actually. The seat pan is plastic, but the stitching seems solid and the leather (pleather? I dunno) looks like something I'd expect from a stock seat.

Bonus points for a hole between the pillion and rider for a seat back. Also, and most importantly, the foam appears to be MUCH stiffer than my crappy OEM seat, which, from my understanding, is a GOOD thing, as I HATE my current OEM seat.

IMG_5474.JPG
The box itself is pretty light, as the seat pan is plastic. Obviously the rest is foam and leather/pleather, so nothing else weighing it down.

IMG_5475.JPG
The seat was encased in its own nice cloth bag (kind of how helmets are sold), which I thought was a nice touch.

IMG_5476.JPG
The seat itself is flawless. I couldn't find any issues with the stitching. All lines are even and I didn't notice any tears anywhere on initial inspection.

IMG_5477.JPG
The plastic seat pan. You can also see the formed foam underneath. Again...I can't find any fault here.

IMG_5478.JPG
All of the staples were flush with the leather/plastic surface. Where my fingers are is where the pass-through is located for a seat back (and the leather grab ring, which I removed LONG ago on Alcina).

IMG_5479.JPG
And finally, an up-close side profile of the seat. Again, on first impressions, I cannot find any faults with the stitching out of the box. Time will tell when the material is flexed and worn however.

But again....it's a $198.00 seat.... whaddya expect???? 🤷‍♂️

Tomorrow or this weekend, I'll get out to the garage and sling this on Alcina and compare the two seats side-by-side. I got this seat too late tonight for that review.

More to follow.

Mike

Got the seat from the "rowboat express".

Initial impressions: Not bad for $198 bucks actually. The seat pan is plastic, but the stitching seems solid and the leather (pleather? I dunno) looks like something I'd expect from a stock seat.

Bonus points for a hole between the pillion and rider for a seat back. Also, and most importantly, the foam appears to be MUCH stiffer than my crappy OEM seat, which, from my understanding, is a GOOD thing, as I HATE my current OEM seat.

View attachment 13129
The box itself is pretty light, as the seat pan is plastic. Obviously the rest is foam and leather/pleather, so nothing else weighing it down.

View attachment 13130
The seat was encased in its own nice cloth bag (kind of how helmets are sold), which I thought was a nice touch.

View attachment 13131
The seat itself is flawless. I couldn't find any issues with the stitching. All lines are even and I didn't notice any tears anywhere on initial inspection.

View attachment 13132
The plastic seat pan. You can also see the formed foam underneath. Again...I can't find any fault here.

View attachment 13133
All of the staples were flush with the leather/plastic surface. Where my fingers are is where the pass-through is located for a seat back (and the leather grab ring, which I removed LONG ago on Alcina).

View attachment 13135
And finally, an up-close side profile of the seat. Again, on first impressions, I cannot find any faults with the stitching out of the box. Time will tell when the material is flexed and worn however.

But again....it's a $198.00 seat.... whaddya expect???? 🤷‍♂️

Tomorrow or this weekend, I'll get out to the garage and sling this on Alcina and compare the two seats side-by-side. I got this seat too late tonight for that review.

More to follow.

Mike
Thx for the detailed review pre-install. Will look for the post review.

Back