313.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 010A1A63-FE4C-4A5B-9EAD-DC73AE7AE402.jpeg
    010A1A63-FE4C-4A5B-9EAD-DC73AE7AE402.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 62
2021 R18C- Wimpy Stock Horn Upgrade

Denali SoundBomb Mini- Made in Italy
Installation time: 10mins
👍
I like a good strong air horn sound. My R18TC has an okay horn, but it doesn't bellow like the one on my Harley.

1 of my 1st upgrades was planned for my bike, considering the size, weight, and cost of these bikes, I was very disappointed with what they gave us from the factory. Looks great!

I have a video comparing the two. I hate linking to my own videos here as it feels like self promotion but I"ll link it anyway. I personally can't tell the difference in the sound being louder than what my bagger came with. Then the sound bomb died after 6 weeks and Denali (typical of them) gave me the run around so I threw it in the trash and went back to OEM.

Thank you the comparison video; how come the horn's acoustical directivity is pointing towards the rear of the bike? I'd think it would be better off pointing towards the direction of travel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you the comparison video; how come the horn's acoustical directivity is pointing towards the rear of the bike? I'd think it would be better off pointing towards the direction of travel?

Unfortunately, that's how mine came. I put it in the same orientation of the one on my bagger. Did someone in Germany install my OEM horn wrong? I assume it came that way because of water ingress.

I would love to know the justification for the orientation; maybe not pointing it exactly forward, but at least towards the direction of a vehicle's blind spot.

I may consider the Denali dual-tone sound bomb vs the Mini; not sure if anyone has installed one on the R18 line..?

I would love to know the justification for the orientation; maybe not pointing it exactly forward, but at least towards the direction of a vehicle's blind spot.

I may consider the Denali dual-tone sound bomb vs the Mini; not sure if anyone has installed one on the R18 line..?
Not yet, i had the dual-tone sound bomb on my K. It was louder than stock but not by much 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not yet, i had the dual-tone sound bomb on my K. It was louder than stock but not by much 🤷🏻‍♂️
I really like the dual tone horns that come stock on the K. It’s a 420hz horn and a 510hz horn. The Bagger and TC have a single 420hz horn. This weekend I’m adding a K1600 510hz horn by creating a splitter for the factory horn harness and using a used K1600 horn we had lying around.

Attachments

• A13F61E1-D2CB-4590-BE06-0581CD1196C3.jpeg
    A13F61E1-D2CB-4590-BE06-0581CD1196C3.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
I really like the dual tone horns that come stock on the K. It’s a 420hz horn and a 510hz horn. The Bagger and TC have a single 420hz horn. This weekend I’m adding a K1600 510hz horn by creating a splitter for the factory horn harness and using a used K1600 horn we had lying around.
It’s pathetic that we get the same crappy horns on these bikes that we’ve had since the dawn of motorcycles. Please update us on how this goes.

I have a video comparing the two. I hate linking to my own videos here as it feels like self promotion but I"ll link it anyway. I personally can't tell the difference in the sound being louder than what my bagger came with. Then the sound bomb died after 6 weeks and Denali (typical of them) gave me the run around so I threw it in the trash and went back to OEM.
Adam,

PLEASE! Keep linking to your own videos here. You and your videos do everyone a great service to our community! :)

Mike

I suspect it may have to do with preventing bugs from collecting in the air bellow?

Mike

Adam,

PLEASE! Keep linking to your own videos here. You and your videos do everyone a great service to our community! :)

Mike

Thanks Mike. I feel because I make (honestly) $1-$5 on the videos that it's 'self promotion' and I really am here to learn as much as I do contribute so that's all. But thank you.

Back