Windscreen Uncertainty

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

There is nothing worse than plunking down big bucks for a wind screen, only to find out it isn't a good fit. I am thinking it would be helpful to have a data sheet showing:
1) bike type
2) rider height
3) best choice (Jurock vs BMW)

How do we collect this data? Would a poll work?

Too many variables possibly? What helmet, how you sit on the bike I.e. torso vs. leg length as part of height, variance in individual tolerances of wind/ buffeting, whether you’ve ridden similar bike previously etc etc.

Also, data would need to denote if screen can be raised, if so how much? Can it tilt, if so range of motion forward and back. Are there separate lowers? Not easy to slice/dice all data points. Even the fairling/lowers that might come on the bike stock come into play…some better than others.

I did just purchase a MadStad screen and lowers for my 2021 R18FE. Had to ride it back to them to get the lowers adjusted (bent) so they would not touch the uppper screen. Oddly enough, it appears the lowers redirected more air about my lower body AFTER they bent them today for me. Though that is to be expected I figure since they now have a second bend in them which allows the air to wrap around easier then before.

Not a ‘clean’ look by any means but think it will work. Just added some Saeng black trim I had from a bike just sold so will see how that changes wind flow as well. Really like the Saeng product.

MadStad is a good company to work with. I am using a 3/4 helmet instead of a full face so get more wind/sound than one might otherwise get/hear. It offers maybe 2” of up.down height on the top screen, the lowers a fixed in one position. Have a Schuberth C4 Pro Helmet coming soon, which I like for wearing glasses.

Attachments

• CE6B7C2E-010A-4622-A753-6F8F46378FD4.jpeg
    CE6B7C2E-010A-4622-A753-6F8F46378FD4.jpeg
    894.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
MadStad screen, believe 18” which in might be too low though hoping the Saeng strip will kick the wind up higher. If I raise the screen some 2” then I have a 2” gap between the headlight and bottom of the screen headlight cut out

I'm reviving this old thread to update.
I put the Madstad on my R18. I do like it because it adds very little to the bike cosmetically and I normally ride with no windhield. I did not want to add anything and wanted a 30 second removal install:
1. I am 6'2 with a very long torso. Even the 18 inch screen was VERY tall for the bike!. I bought the 22 originally as a demo and I have bought the 18 and cut the 22 into a flyscreen.
2. The install was as easy as it gets and it is fully adjustable.

Back