Windshields

I'm riding a 2022 Transcontinental and am looking for a shorter windshield. I am 5'8" and I like to look over the windshield as opposed to through it. To this end, I recently purchased one from Jurock, their 18" model, which appears to be the shortest one they make, which is still a bit too tall. (Top edge of the windshield is at eye level.). I see that BMW makes a few for the R18 line. Does anyone have experience with these, or any other provider? I'm looking for something between 14"-16" as they measure it, up the center of the shield.

Thanks!

I put the R18B windscreen on my TC, I'm about 5'7" and wanted to see over the screen. I have a 719 seat that has me a little higher than stock, and the R18B windscreen is perfect. The curve along the top of the windscreen really plays well when sweeping view laterally. You can size it a bit just by sitting on a B to see how it looks. There's a bit more wind noise but the music is still great, even up to moderate highway speeds.

1683241745177.png1683241775297.png

Last edited:
I still have a stock FE Classic windscreen in flawless condition for sale, if anyone needs a replacement. Wouldn't fit a bagger or TC.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I was at the dealer yesterday and they had a bagger on the floor, I should have checked.. Do you have any idea what the height measurement is? Appreciate your help!!

The screen length will measure differently from the TC to the B as they have different angles. The B is more flat where as the TC is on a steeper angle. Any screen that fits a B will also fit a TC and vice versa. I would suggest trying to find someone close to you with a B that will let you try their screen. I get a small amount of buffeting off my B but I am also 6' tall, I would say you would have no issue seeing over the B screen at 5'8" though. and probably wouldnt get the buffeting, as if I scrooch down on the highway a few inches I dont get it.

Back