(With pictures and a video ) a smoke and oil below the engine.

Hi
The bike didn't even break in the engine when this happened with a smoke and small oil leak but progressive as you will notice between the two images a month and half gap.
I want your inputs before I take it to the dealer, I already showed them the pictures and the video but they kept asking if there's any drips on the floor.
Should I be concerned.
checked the engine oil level window after a ride and 1 hour waiting and it was half the window.
But one note it feels more vibratile than before like it shakes more and almost will go off and the heat I'm feeling it a little bet more.
No engine lights or any hazard signs showed on my tachometer.
Need your feedback in case the dealer would play it as If I am too cautious
Again Sorry for my humble english

Screen_Recording_20231111_134159_Video Editor_1.gif

Attachments

• 20231110_121354.jpg
    20231110_121354.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20230924-085903_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924-085903_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
Hi there. So sorry this is happening to you. Your dealer does not have one leg to stand, this is not normal, end of story. Take it back to the dealer for a thorough inspection. It could something simple but you don’t know at this stage and you need to have the issue properly documented in case something happens in the future and out of warranty. There is a visible fluid leak and it appears the leak is landing in a hot surface hence the smoke.
From the video it could be break fluid landing on the exhaust. From picture 2 it could be interpreted that the leak is coming from the gasket however picture 3 which appears to be the same spot but from different angle reveals the gasket is intact, hence I believe it is break fluid from the rear line leaking over the exhaust system.

Hi there. So sorry this is happening to you. Your dealer does not have one leg to stand, this is not normal, end of story. Take it back to the dealer for a thorough inspection. It could something simple but you don’t know at this stage and you need to have the issue properly documented in case something happens in the future and out of warranty. There is a visible fluid leak and it appears the leak is landing in a hot surface hence the smoke.
From the video it could be break fluid landing on the exhaust. From picture 2 it could be interpreted that the leak is coming from the gasket however picture 3 which appears to be the same spot but from different angle reveals the gasket is intact, hence I believe it is break fluid from the rear line leaking over the exhaust system.
That got to be sorted mate wether you pay for it or not because if it shits itself its game over

Judging from the location of the leak, it appears to be the bell housing where the clutch is located.

Dkaldossari, is the fluid level in your clutch reservoir going down? Have you noticed anything odd when engaging/disengaging the clutch?

Mike

All good suggestions... Absolutely, have the dealership sort it out... tighten things and clean up the leaking fluid...

Could be a simple brand new bike breaking itself in; I can say for sure my bike didn't experience this issue.. I like the suggestion of having the dealership take care of it for you.

Could be many things in that location .. from Clutch cylinder (as somebody mentioned) to main crank seal ... in any case, the dealer HAS to make that right!!

They wiped the residue of that oil and asked me to drive more and check while they waiting for a reply from BMW germany...I did ride it and it didn't leak but that's not enough to dismiss the idea that there is nothing wrong with it. We are on weekends here and Sunday is the day I'll take it for oil change and first check ups...the smoking I believe was a ziptie when I check the place where the smoke appeared I saw a broken-burnt ziptie....hopefully my English was understandable

It is, don’t worry. Ok, hopefully this was an isolated incident and that is all there is to it. Keep an eye on the bike and don’t hesitate to contact your dealer if you are not satisfied with something. All the best.

Back