Wunderkind Bobber Kit

estoma

That is sweet! Adjustable seating position. Looks terrific.

Levers look great too.

Last edited:
The fender looks usable for my application.
I will bet they want an Arm and a leg for it, if they will even sell it separately.
Do not need all the sundry parts.
Have a few other fender possibilities in the works.
If not screw the fender.

Amongst others. I installed their clutch and brake levers as well as their heel protectors on my Rocket 3R. Very well engineered, excellent quality. But not cheap, of course.

BMW Motorrad Zubehör by WUNDERKIND-Custom (wunderkind-custom.com)

BMW R 18 | rear fender conversion set | Made-in-Germany (wunderkind-custom.com)

I prefer the seat location. That on the BMW bobber kit is too far forward and too high.

View attachment 1141
(photo courtesy Jekill & Hyde Company)
2021:03:04-1 copy.jpg

The fender looks usable for my application.
I will bet they want an Arm and a leg for it, if they will even sell it separately.
Do not need all the sundry parts.
Have a few other fender possibilities in the works.
Screw the fender. I like the cleaner look without it. We don't need no stinking Fender.

I really don't like the look with the saddle pushed above the rear wheel

And I can't imagine the torture with this driving position

I think it is an attempt to mimic the R18 Concept, on which the seat was pretty much as low and as far back as well. One needs short legs and long arms for that; best built like an Orangutang (-: One's 4ss, knees and lower back will soon protest, even though you could theoretically rest your elbows on your knees while riding.
BMW-Motorrad-Concept-R18-10-1.jpg

I think it is an attempt to mimic the R18 Concept, on which the seat was pretty much as low and as far back as well. One needs short legs and long arms for that; best built like an Orangutang (-: One's 4ss, knees and lower back will soon protest, even though you could theoretically rest your elbows on your knees while riding.
View attachment 1144

It may not be comfy, but it IS beautiful!

More options. I can hardly handle it!
Note that the seat they are selling also requires the removal of the "Rear Frame" also note the spacers under the seat pan, required to clear rear strut, as shown in this mockup.Rear Full Stroke Clearance. copy.jpgStock Seat to Pattern. copy.jpg

More options. I can hardly handle it!
Do not like their fender or the mounting of the wumdrtdunder, $840 plus shipping or roughly $900 for something I do not like? No.
Note also where they have the key fob(visible unmounted in my second photo) mounted, if their seat pan is metallic, key fob operation will be severely limited.
Will continue to work on my own fender design..

Last edited:
Note that the seat they are selling also requires the removal of the "Rear Frame" also note the spacers under the seat pan, required to clear rear strut, as shown in this mockup.View attachment 1163View attachment 1164

Do not like their fender or the mounting, am working on my own at the moment.
I have never spared Bobbers much consideration in the past - they impose too many limits on passenger and luggage flexibility.

And I am rapidly losing my 'Bobber appetite', originally awakened by the R18 Concept, once again. Each next modder version, BMW's included, seems to feature more deltas than plusses. That is often the logical outcome whenever you start chopping bikes. Bobbers either need to be designed as such, like Triumph did with their Bobber Black - still sitting too high and forward, IMHO (for the rear fender to clear the seat)...

Triumph Bobber Black main image.jpg
(photo courtesy Visordown)

...or with a fixed seat as Conquest Customs® did with their Victory adaptations - the same outcome you seem to be working towards.

2015-05-21-10.56.15-1024x681.jpg (photo courtesy Conquest Customs)

Back