Wunderlich bling

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
The instructions for mounting are on the Wunderlich website on the product page. These look pretty substantial and well thought out, putting on future my list for the TC

Nice lines matching the pannier bag pinstripes - how was fitment; easy, good quality fittings, etc ?
Good quality chrome. Sturdy/rigid steel gives it utility not just optics.

The instructions say to remove the bags but I didn't. Just clip the zip tie and remove two bolts. I placed a large tool box next to the bike with a pair of 2 by 4's and a towel on top. After the side bags are unbolted, swing the bags out at 45 degrees. Now you have room to install the frame (the seat does need to come off).
As always, these installs are for those with patience and a willingness to pay attention to detail.

I noticed an R18 B with damage in the parking lot, while picking up my bike from its first service (600 miles); I'm not privy to how the bike went down - but did note damage to the Front Fender, Dent in Gas Tank, Side Case, Little Scuff on the Exhaust Pipe, Cylinder Head Cover, Fairing & Engine Protection Bar Mounting Point looked like it "Dinged" the frame. I'm definitely planning on the case protection from Wunderlich; I think chrome is the way to go..

1659868597512.png

1659868656522.png

Ouch, that hurt to look at. My nightmare is to drop my bike like the one shown.
Remember.....a vertical bike is not a heavy bike. Keep the beast vertical at all times.
The fairing does require some counter steer on slow speed turns so don't spend a lot of time in the turn.

Darn that hurt a lot...poor bike and hope the rider is ok. I am getting the stock bmw engine guard for the base R18 just ordered/purchased so hope that will provide some good protection. It does not have any soft bags so no need to protect that area.

Ouch. I too am concerned about the rider.

I protect my off-road bikes because going down is reasonably inevitable and I need them to be robust enough to get me home.

For a street bike, (knock on wood) I haven’t hurt one in a long long time. But should it go down, that’s why I have insurance.

I noticed an R18 B with damage in the parking lot, while picking up my bike from its first service (600 miles); I'm not privy to how the bike went down - but did note damage to the Front Fender, Dent in Gas Tank, Side Case, Little Scuff on the Exhaust Pipe, Cylinder Head Cover, Fairing & Engine Protection Bar Mounting Point looked like it "Dinged" the frame. I'm definitely planning on the case protection from Wunderlich; I think chrome is the way to go..

View attachment 6454

View attachment 6455
From experience the TC's engine guard might have prevented some if not all of this damage. The engine guard on this bike barely protected the engine. My hope is that the rider doesn't have any of his bike's road rash. This poor Bagger slid for awhile at above 20mph. Curious as to how long it will take BMW to ship this poor soul their replacement body work? I'm considering engine and luggage guard bumpers to attach to my engine and luggage guards.

Back