Wunderlich tail conversion

Heads up for anyone looking to purchase this in the US

Wunderlich currently has a side-mount license plate holder, but their US plate adapter doesn’t work with it. I reached out to them to let them know, and they’re currently working on fabricating a new adapter to work with this part. They were super quick to respond / help figure this out.

The issue is with the license plate light bracket. This bolts on between the tail conversion and the plate adapter. While the tail conversion has bolt holes that line up with the plate adapter, the license plate light bracket bolt hole spacing is too narrow for their current adapter.

1CA108E7-2AAF-4B11-B8EC-8FBFCB3775D0.jpeg

Let me get this straight, The license plate mounting adapter part of the license adapter does not fit the license plate, Correct?
You can mount a Euro plate to it, as initially designed.

Wunderlich USA made an adapter plate for US plates. This, and only this, doesn’t currently work but is being revised right away.

Is this available yet?
I haven’t received their plate adapter in the mail yet, I imagine due to the holidays. But as I mentioned above all US spec R18s come with an adapter on the back. The reflectors disconnect easily and then bolt right on. The difference with Wunderlich is it’s a (slightly) lower profile and is made of metal vs plastic.

(It’s not centered in the photo as I threw it on quickly just for the photo)

Attachments

• AF1A5463-6DC6-4251-9DC8-8F3358631DEB.jpeg
    AF1A5463-6DC6-4251-9DC8-8F3358631DEB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
I haven’t received their plate adapter in the mail yet, I imagine due to the holidays. But as I mentioned above all US spec R18s come with an adapter on the back. The reflectors disconnect easily and then bolt right on. The difference with Wunderlich is it’s a (slightly) lower profile and is made of metal vs plastic.

(It’s not centered in the photo as I threw it on quickly just for the photo)
0D4A9EDE-EF71-49D1-BA26-4A1BEA8405AA.jpeg
With a plate attached

af1a5463-6dc6-4251-9dc8-8f3358631deb-jpeg.3571

Could you also give us more information (or a new topic) concerning the rear indicators we see on your photo.

They look like the Kellermann Bullet 1000 DF, any problem to connect them ?

Thanks Chris

af1a5463-6dc6-4251-9dc8-8f3358631deb-jpeg.3571

Could you also give us more information (or a new topic) concerning the rear indicators we see on your photo.

They look like the Kellermann Bullet 1000 DF, any problem to connect them ?

Thanks Chris
They’re actually the Rizoma Club S turn signal / tail light / brake light.

They connect directly to the Wunderlich wiring harness’ connectors, but do require resistors. Rizoma number EE177 which works in-line between the lights and the harness.

Thank you Chris

I'm surprised they require resistors. How did you get their reference as there is no choice for the R18 on Rizoma web site

Thank you Chris

I'm surprised they require resistors. How did you get their reference as there is no choice for the R18 on Rizoma web site
In order for the tail light / brake light function of the lights to work they do, otherwise the CAN bus doesn’t recognize the lights properly.

Rizoma provides PDF instructions on their product pages. In those are configurations for resistors for various bikes. Their PDF is updated for recent bikes like the R1250GS, M1000RR and the R18, all of which utilize this specific resistor.

The lights come with two resistors that are commonly used, unfortunately BMW changed some things up recently so a different resistor is needed.

Hey all, thanks for your interest in our products.

Chris at Bob's BMW has been great to work with, and is correct, Germany changed the width of the new R18 License Plate Holder that conflicted with our US Plate Adapter.

The good news is we have just fabricated a new US Plate Adapter specifically for the R18 and the information on our website has been adjusted accordingly.

Let us know if you have any questions/comments that we can clarify.

Cheers - WA

Back