$500 Accessory Credit for Classic Owners!

I was told spare key is not an accessorie, but then it was ok.
Riders Backrest is on order.
I told them OIL and Filter would be nice. I could NOT use it or a helmet because it was not a BMW helmet.

David

I'm curious, I've been a naked and sports bike rider and the R18 classic will be my first cruiser. Are the floorboards preferred over the standard foot pegs purely for rider comfort, or is it because the floorboards are less likely scrape the asphalt in corners on the R18?

My dealer has a first edition and standard foot pegs, and a standard edition with the floorboards. Both both exactly specd in terms packages and tech. Should I go for the standard edition with floorboards? I understand it's a matter of preference, but I think the all-black standard version looks just as good as the first edition, plus it costs $1500 less.
I am 6'3" and prefer pegs....ordering floorboards for my wife.
Definitely go for the rider leg rests (when available) which let you put your legs over the cylinders! They mount to the optional crash bars.
I have similar rests to them on my R1200C and can't live without them! You won't regret it.

If I could change it, I'd swap out my FE for a standard. The FE has just too much chrome in my opinion and while that is what some folks prefer, it's not my personal preference. Getting a killer deal was hard to resist, and it only applied to the one FE the dealer had so....still love the motorcycle though.

You can de-chrome it plenty. That's not specifically what I was planning on doing, but it's what has happened to mine, as I worked to make it look as much as possible like a classic BMW circa 1960s.
I got the replacement rocker covers, which replaces all of the chrome of the OEM parts and the engine protection bar is powder-coated black.R18 Birchwood TN.jpg

Guys,

Just to be clear. Is it Floorboards or $500 ?

or you get Floorboards in any regard + $500 credit.

my bike does not have floor boards. It’s a FE Classic.

please confirm as my dealer says it’s Floorboards or $500

As I understand it, if your FE Classic arrived with floorboards you are not qualified to receive the $500. The $500 is to compensate the folks that received their FE Classic with standard footpads and not floorboards as it should have had. You will not be offered floorboards & $500. My interpretation & I took the $500.

As I understand it, if your FE Classic arrived with floorboards you are not qualified to receive the $500. The $500 is to compensate the folks that received their FE Classic with standard footpads and not floorboards as it should have had. You will not be offered floorboards & $500. My interpretation & I took the $500.
Thank you

I got my $500 worth of stuff yesterday,

One case of motor oil, 2 spare keys, 3 oil filters, some crush washers, and two quarts of final drive fluid. $500.00

I ordered a riders back rest, but never got it. A phone call has been made to my salesman.

I am 6'3" and prefer pegs....ordering floorboards for my wife.
Definitely go for the rider leg rests (when available) which let you put your legs over the cylinders! They mount to the optional crash bars.
I have similar rests to them on my R1200C and can't live without them! You won't regret it.
Ordered, just waiting…

Back