Adaptive headlight issue?

I haven't carefully read through this thread, but is it JUST the Transcontinental models that are suffering the broken headlamp issue? This will help significantly narrow down the scope of those affected.

Anyone affected NOT a TC?

BTW, I'm a First Edition TC, but I have yet to experience this issue; It sounds like I haven't pulled the short straw yet...

Mike
This issue can affect any B or TC with the adaptive headlight. Very few bikes made it to United States without adaptive headlight though.

My update: The dealer put in the new light Friday morning(took less than an hour) and I headed from there up through Beartooth Pass and home, 1,730 miles and the light is still in good shape!
Overall I really have become bewitched by this beauty.
My only complaint is the ancient tech behind the navigation.
I do miss the wind management of my Road Glide.
But... so what. It is an awesome bike!

My update: The dealer put in the new light Friday morning(took less than an hour) and I headed from there up through Beartooth Pass and home, 1,730 miles and the light is still in good shape!
Overall I really have become bewitched by this beauty.
My only complaint is the ancient tech behind the navigation.
I do miss the wind management of my Road Glide.
But... so what. It is an awesome bike!
Which dealership did a good job of taking care of you?

Had my adaptive headlight replaced on my R18B recently. I was cleaning the bike yesterday and noticed that the headlight is a little loose. Its just like a 1/4" of "play" at the bottom of the headlight. Not sure if this is normal.

My bike is as it came from the production line and I have just tried to wiggle the headlight and it does not move one bit.
I would have thought that a play may contribute to excessive shaking?

Thanks for the replies. Looks like you have to take the whole front fairing off to access the headlight mounts. I'll make another appointment with the dealer.

I submitted a complaint regarding the headlight issue that I experienced; however, I was surprised that I didn't see the "lighting" issue reported by other R18 owners on the NHSTA website?

1693562814222.png

Update - local dealer submitted claim for broken headlight today and BMW “approved” the claim. Dealer states there is not one headlight available “in the world” so no timeframe provided to complete repair.

Back